View Single Post
Old Monday, May 04, 2020
Banned

Nida Rizvi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammadwd View Post
You are absolutely right. Academies are a waste of time. They use a "one size fits all" formula for each and every student. Academies are in place to make money off aspirant's ignorance and utter desperation. The sooner aspirants learn that CSS is an individualistic journey, the more chances they will have of properly utilizing their time and efforts.
For you, I would suggest a complete revamp of your thought process regarding CSS. Get rid of what academies and other people said to you and start afresh.
Study the syllabus, choose your optional subjects (those that you can spend 6 or so months with, otherwise you will end up hating everything), find relevant FPSC recommended books and get cracking.
For English, read. If you are aware of the basic rules of Grammar, and you understand basic rules of Precis Writing, Translation, and Comprehension, then you only need practice.
Choose any book you prefer but with the intent of practicing not cramming. Believe me it takes 10 days of dedicated practice to satisfactorily cover the English Precis and Composition paper.
Read newspapers, current affairs magazines and books. Practice writing. Develop your own writing style. Examiners don't need reproduced info in the paper. They seek originality. You give them originality, they give you good marks.
I will share my first CSS journey to motivate you. I did not practice Essay writing once. I just practiced making outlines and focused on reducing the time it took me to make an outline. The first time I wrote an essay was in my CSS exam. I scored 45 in my first attempt.
For precis, I just practiced for a couple of days, albeit extensively, and looked over some idioms and difficult words. I scored 70.
However, if I suggested the same to you I would be completely foolish. The reason is that you are a different person. Your CSS journey is your own, not mine or any academy's. You decide how you want to tackle it.
The only key to the English Essay exam is to make sure your essay has relevant facts, figures, quotes and a solid argument. I only wrote 12 pages and got 45. People write in excess of 20 pages and still fail.
Quality not Quantity.
For Precis exam, practice, practice, and practice. Go through the syllabus, revise Grammatical rules and solve as many past papers as you can.
Don't overburden yourself.

I hope I answered some of your questions.
Thank you. As you have claimed that you have scored 70 in the essay paper, I must request you let me see your marks sheet, please. Because your reply has many grammatical and structural mistakes, I wonder how you managed to score 70 in the essay. I have mentioned a couple of mistakes that I found in just 4 sentences. If you had scored 70 with these many mistakes, FPSC could have awarded me more than 90.

You are absolutely right (When something is "right", there is no need to say absolutely right.) Academies are a waste of time. They use a "one size fits all" formula for each and every student. (kindly, use either "each" or "every", as using both each and every is a redundancy error.) Academies are in place to make money off (make off is a phrasal verb that means to leave a place quickly) aspirant's ignorance and utter desperation. The sooner aspirants learn that CSS is an individualistic (It is a wrong selection of the word, kindly, write individual) journey, the more chances they will have of properly utilizing their time and efforts.