View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 23, 2020

RoadBlock is on a distinguished road

Hi Bilal,

Hope you are well and doing fine.

Whenever a questions is framed in any subject, it is most likely that it has more than one ways of being answered. What examiner is looking for is the ability to reason with cogent arguments based on facts, statistics and observation. Sometimes, one can answer an entire question in a para or two in such a succinct manner that the person reading it is fully satisfied with the answer. The most appropriate example of brief argumentative writing is the ‘Dawn Editorial’. Therefore, as far as the length is concerned, it depends on question and the expertise of the person who is responding. There is no ideal length of an answer.

An answer should be to the point, candid and based on some form of reasoning (argumentative, descriptive, informative). It is up to you to add any background information if needed. For example, if there is a question on poverty, I would like to define poverty and may consider it an absolute necessity before I could go to the main text of the answer because without defining the main term of question, my answer will remain incomplete. Hence, addition of background information and things like this are totally up to you. However, your point of view in answers must be analytical.