View Single Post
Old Friday, July 17, 2020

Dire Wolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dream of rain View Post
I do not disagree with you both.
I agree Direwolf that they will be economically and socially depended at this age. But, certain extent of economic independence is required for them to support their livelihood and health expenditures. After all, they depend on their kids due to lack of social security programs for them by govt. Socially there is alienation for them, mostly because of immobility, death of a partner, friends and being left out by children somewhat.

This question though argumentative can be explained by everyone differently. Even when i saw the question two ideas sprung out of my mind.
first approach correlates to the position (status) they enjoy with respect to the class, caste and by profession etc... which is exalted. But, this approach does not appease to my exposition of the question.

Second view i already defined as in the status they hold in our society at micro (family and community) and macro (government and different institutions) levels, which are problems, issues and challenges they face at that age. Specifying social care, economic alienation, moral challenges mental health issues and shortness of (nearly none) institutional care units/centers. (I consider this to be safe and it is mere reiteration of my prior thoughts).
Though, these problems are not only creation of families or communities but also at large institutional and involve government. Being concise i just hold "solutions" are not required we just need to focus on status they hold in society as addressed in "second" view.
Social security programs are also
for economically dependent. They will be dependent on state like they will get some monthly stipend or facilities.

But you summed it up in your last words. Your focus is on the present status of elderly while mine is on the causes and solution. I do not know for sure which one is right but it is just that if I had been present in that paper I would have attempted like this with my current level of understanding.