View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 03, 2020
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelam ShujahUddin View Post
I am extremely grateful for the forum members for responding to my age query in a timely manner.

I have one last eligibility query relating to the Second Division/C grade issue. I have been through numerous posts and google search results, but all in vain.
I have a law degree i.e LL.B.(Hons) with Second Class Honours Lower Division from University of London's International Programs being offered in Pakistan. I am confused regarding the percentage criteria gauged by FPSC for Second Class Honours. Is it enough for the eligibility purpose that my degree states 2nd Class Honours (Lower Division) or will FPSC go into the nitty gritty of C grade or GPA/CGPA?

I will be extremely thankful if someone can tell me whether Second Class Honours (Lower and Upper Division) starts from 45% or 50% in Pakistan as per HEC/FPSC rules.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Infinix X650C using Tapatalk
I think you are eligible . You will have to confirm from fpsc after getting equivalence certificate as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelam ShujahUddin View Post
FPSC has not mentioned anywhere in their rules or online application form that an equivalence certificate is must at the initial stage of application. I think it must be submitted before the interview stage.

I hope that HEC's Islamabad office is entertaining equivalence applications or related queries in person. Their online application system is extremely confusing and lacks sufficient guidance.

Sent from my Infinix X650C using Tapatalk
Equivalence certificate is a must at beginning stages as per their requirement of documents submission .But i am not saying this thing in a strict manner. They do entertain you if you miss any document, all you have to do is to attach an application to Chairman fpsc. this thing can be done as a last resort, otherwise its better to get your equivalence certificate ready.Still ,best thing is to call fpsc office to get yourself out of any cofusions.
I was not able to submit this certificate for PMS exams , then they asked me to submit it before interview. I could not submit it before interview date too , then they just told me to submit it in next 10 days to PPSC office.

There are two methods to get your foreign degree equated.
Either go to Islamabad and get it done on the same day at the HEC office.You can get equivalence through nearest HEC Office too.
or
Get all your documents together, checked/attested by the concerned officer in your regional office and send them along with a Rs 5000 draft to HEC Islamabad. Then you have to get in touch with Mr Asim Hussain (sasim@hec.gov.pk), he is a good person and will get it done for you. You will get a provisional equivalence letter via email and Mr Asim will ask you to request your university to email him that you were a genuine student and graduated from there. After that he will send you the final Equivalence Certificate. This whole process can take about a month. If you have done O/A Levels, then equivalence certificates from IBCC are also important.

Last paragraph related to methods to get your certificate was shared by one of the senior members here.
Jamal Usama (Sunday, October 25, 2020), Neelam ShujahUddin (Saturday, October 03, 2020)