View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 19, 2009
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 22Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2012

Thanked 2,147 Times in 983 Posts
usman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant future
Default For Dear Members Sumair and Raz

For Dear Sumair:

I attempted the essay: 'Peace: The essential message of our religion'. I wrote approximately 2000 words. I paced my essay like this:
Meaning of Islam: Peace by submitting one's will to the ALMIGHTY
concept of peace in other major religion: divine and man-made religions
only islam implemens peace practically
islam as deen-e-fitrat
examples: sulah hudaibia, meesaq-e-madina, fatah-e-makkah, muhammad bin qasim's arrival in sindh etc. to date.
qutations of various personalities about islam
verses from holy quran and hadis
comparison with other religions
In WW1, over 20 million and in WW2, over 40 million died. It never happened in islam
Examples from the life of Holy Prophet (PBUH)
Western view of islam: West is presenting wrong image of islam through their weapon; Media
Finally, Conlusion

I followed this approach.

and Dear Raz,

I prepared much for composition paper. The book, 'Exploring the world of english' proved very beneficial for me. I was able to solve the grammar portion (Direct/Indirect, Correction, Idioms, Pair of Words, Vocab) much better. I think one must do this portion in start. These are confirmed marks. I used a book, the name of which i have forgotton now, it had 100 quotations eloborating their meanings. I used it for expansion of idea question. For precis question, again, 'Exploring the world of english' came in handy. It has very good tips regarding precis. Beleive me, i forgot to write the topic of precis (consisting of 5 marks), even then i scored 61 by the grace of ALLAH.

hope it helps...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to usman khalid For This Useful Post:
7asif (Wednesday, December 21, 2016), fmustafa (Thursday, December 24, 2009), khalid nawaz (Saturday, December 15, 2012), Mystichina (Thursday, March 19, 2009), Raz (Thursday, March 19, 2009), spirit (Thursday, May 07, 2009), tariqsaif (Tuesday, August 04, 2009)