View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 09, 2021

Prosparynaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzakhokher View Post
I think that your outline treats the global power dynamics and foreign policy of pakistan as two distinct or different things, in fact the topic asks to analyse the foreign policy of pakistan in the context of changing global power dynamics. So If I would attempt that I would have related each dynamic with foreign policy of Pakistan first, and then discuss whether pakistan is going in the right direction or not. And ur thesis statement looks very negative like you have totally rejected the foreign policy of Pakistan which is giving a bit of bad impression. As a civil services aspirants, our approach should be progressive and hopeful. U can’t just reject the overall policy at once. Who else agrees?
You're right about the foreign policy point but I do believe that the topic of "Global power dynamics" has to be dealt with separately. I've tried to incorporate the implications of these dynamics on Pakistan's foreign policy. Thankyou btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqarsarwarabbasi View Post
The length of your outline is satisfactory if you can manage to complete it. There is an issue in point 1.2. Totally negating the policy of the country might sound catchy but at the same time absurd. Sure, there can be some issues with Pakistan Foreign Policy or some points with which you might not agree ( based on certain indicators), but outrightly rejecting it is incorrect.

The arguments of Global power dynamics are perfect. However, your outline takes a wrong turn after that.
(I) There shouldn't be more than 1 paragraph to highlight the detriments of foreign policy ( since it never was a requirement of the essay).
(II) The 4 heading of your essay needs to be completely revamped and written according to 2nd heading. You need to discuss that how Pakistan is dealing with the changing scenario of power change.

For example: Pakistan is trying to balance both China and the USA and is trying to avoid taking sides; Pakistan is highlighting Hindutva Ideology at International forums; Pakistan has been evading entanglement into Saudi-Iran conflicts; it's trying to unite and empower Muslims by revamping OIC; we are acknowledging the rise of Russia and therefore improving our ties with Russia.

Hope that helps
I have tried to link the two but I agree, the foreign policy part needs to be revamped as suggested by you all. It does help a lot. Thank you.