View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Cotton candy is on a distinguished road
Default In a dilemma - Semi-government job or not? Please guide

Hello everyone.

I have been offered a job in a semi-government organization (Bahria University) as a Lecturer. I want to apply for other government permanent jobs and as I am about to reach the age limit (33), I would need age relaxation.

I am listing my concerns:

The job letter doesn't list that the job is permanent. Instead, it says 'contract' and no other details are mentioned in letter (such as duration of contract, when will it be renewed, leaves, notice period, etc).

The personal file thing is what is making me most worried because they make a personal file and if God forbid something happens and my personal file gets messed up, I am worried that any other govt. dept won't hire me.

I want to apply for government permanent jobs and as I am about to reach the age limit (33), I would need age relaxation for that. Since the university is semi-government, I wouldn't get age relaxation (or will I? Please let me know).

If I am over-worked here, I won't be able to study as much for other permanent govt jobs tests and will lose out on them, cross the age limit, and then my job here might also not last (as it says 'contract' on the letter).

Please guide me as to what I should do, thanks.