View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 25, 2006

ufsir_shah is on a distinguished road
Default Trust

Asalamoalaikum Friends,
Here is an interesting article, I hope you will enjoy it.
Regards.

Trust

Trust is one of those tricky words that's difficult to define. Each of us has our own definition and criteria for determining who to trust and when. Each
day we make decisions about whether the people we know, love, work with, and meet are trustworthy. In some instances, the trust has already been established
and does not require questioning.

So what leads to trust? Is trust something that should automatically be handed out? We'll deal with the second question first. Normally, trust is something
that is earned and established over time and repeated interaction with another person. However, there are instances when an individual must make an on
the spot decision regarding whether or not to trust. In this situation, a person must rely on his or her instincts and trust that those instincts are correct.

Trusting yourself means that you have the ability to believe that you can make good choices and decisions for yourself. It means that you believe your instincts
or gut feelings are true and do not attempt to convince yourself otherwise. Trusting yourself means setting limitations or parameters to your behavior
and knowing that you can stick to them. Trusting yourself also means that you have the ability to believe in your own thoughts, feelings, and actions.
It means spending less time questioning yourself and more time feeling assured with yourself.

So what about that first question, what leads to trust? If trust is something that's established over time and with repeated interaction, then what elements
contribute to a sense of trust? The following categories contain questions to ask yourself when trying to determine a person's trustworthiness. These five
elements are essential in order for most people to feel a sense of trust with someone.

Consistency

When making a determination about whether someone is trustworthy, one thing to look for is consistency. Does the person show that they are
reliable on a consistent basis? Are their actions and words consistent over time? Do the actions match the words?

Reliability

Can you rely on that person to be there when he or she says they will? Can you rely on that person to keep secrets or information confidential
when you request it? Can you rely on the person to take care of things or complete a job without having to remind them? Can you rely on that person to
consistently be there for you without having to ask?

Respect

Does this person respect you, your thoughts, and your feelings and treat you and them with care and concern? Do you feel comfortable and safe sharing
your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and desires with this person?

Safety

Does this person work to ensure your personal and emotional safety. Do they take measures to ensure that no harm will come to you and/or your relationship
with them?

Reciprocation

Does the person trust in me as I trust in them? Do they offer to me what I am giving or have given?

Think about the people in your life and ask yourself these questions. Have these individuals earned and established you trust? Do they deserve your trust?

Writer unknown

[u]To make your dream come true, you've got to wake up.[/u]

If you fool me once shame on you.If you fool me twice shame on me.

[u]Initiative is doing the right thing at the right time without being told.[/u][/highlight]
[/font]