View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sidra Special is on a distinguished road
Default No One Agree with you Preshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preshan Gul
A young idealist may claim that he wants to join this field to serve his country. Without doubting the genuineness of his claim and without questioning his intentions I do say your claim is shallow for I have, with a heavy heart, seen a large number of people leaving such noble professions as medical and engineering and joining civil service. With what aims?? ……..To serve the country!!!!! Can’t hey serve their country in a better manner being doctors or engineers than being bureaucrats????? Surely our country needs more Doctors and Engineers than civil servants. So most of the big-bang claims of serving the motherland are actually an eyewash to hide the real intention of ruling the poor masses in the garb of bureaucracy. When a doctor or engineer leaves his profession and becomes a civil servant he is not serving his country he is serving his twisted ego.
I do not agree with u in presumption that all Doctors and Engineers aspiring for Civil Service r actually power-hungry guys with 'twisted egos'. A competitive exam should be open for all. Why should we bar any guy with a medical or engineering degree from competing in CSS? Just because they were capable of getting admission in some medical or engineering college and we failed? Is this their fault?? I think our country should benefit from these people's abilities. Not every soul is hungry for power Preshan. Please correct this misconception.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidra Special For This Useful Post:
Abdullah Nayyar (Sunday, December 13, 2009), engrizwan (Monday, December 14, 2009), jadoon khan (Thursday, April 02, 2009), Nonchalant (Friday, July 10, 2009), waleedbaig (Tuesday, January 19, 2010)