View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 05, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 97

Urooj5 is on a distinguished road
Post Essay Response to Farishta.

I'm really happy to see your work Farishta. You have done a real good job. Your expression is good and you incorporated maximum points in your essay. Keep the good work UP!

I have something to say about the Time issue you faced while writing the essay and few tips about grammar and stuff.

Time Management:

Most important key to write properly is time management. It is vital that you give suitable time to the various phases of essay writing. One thing that I felt was that you didn't save time for reading your essay after writing it. Save 10 minutes for sure for reading your essay so that you may cut the mistakes and set them right. This way you will save yourself from losing up to 10 marks due to grammatical errors.

Secondly, procure 10 minutes at least for writing the conclusion in which you will be re-phrasing the substance of your introductory paragraph including the Thesis statement.

Thirdly, be as quick as possible while creating the main-body of your essay. Don't stop for 20 seconds even!

Now I'm presenting few errors that I came across. These errors erupted due to not reading the essay again, I believe. In Line 3 the correct spelling is Wave. When you give thesis statement read it again to ensure that it is grammatically correct. You can do so by inserting proper punctuation marks.
E.g. Attempt has been made to: (I'm stressing on “:” or “;” here.)

Also when you give the definition of most important word of your essay; for this one Terrorism being the word. Use Quotation Marks when you open and close the definition, Paragraph 2 Line 6.

Also you need to capitalize proper nouns in your entire essay and also ensure that they are rightly spelled. For example Tamil Tigers, Al-Qaeda, Taliban and you need to use Zionists instead of Zionism in second last line of paragraph 4.

Line 2 Paragraph 6 you should have used “ARE” instead of “IS”. Also in line 3 "World Wars" is not rightly spelled. The same way you have to Capitalize Jihad in Line 3 Paragraph 7. In the same paragraph I find some grammatical mistake in line 4; Consider that Jihad and Terrorism are synonymous seems to be a better substitute.

In Paragraph 8 I would like to point out the use of person. You have used 1st or 2nd person as I remember. Use 3rd person instead. Also one improvement in the line might look like this: Research analysis of the long standing issues may help one rightly understand..... (And so on)

Great Game needs Capitalization as a proper noun Paragraph 8.

Very Important: These are the most important question (I think here too was grammatical mistake “Is” or “Are”; check that out.) (Paragraph 9 Line 1)

And do not give points in Bullet Form. Make it a paragraph of complete line. You might have done it in haste I believe.

One very important thing I wish to tell you about later. That has to do with moving from one paragraph to the next one.

Grammar tip:

Just to identify your mistakes automatically, type your essay in MS Word Document if you have Office 2003 or latest version of it. It will automatically underline your mistakes and you’ll be left thinking what is wrong here. I find out many of my own mistakes this way

If I were to mark you on this I might have given you 45- 50 marks on this. I am not examiner myself so don't take it as it is All the best to you.

Also tell me in writing how many pages you filled in?

Regards.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, April 05, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Urooj5 For This Useful Post:
Farishta (Sunday, April 05, 2009)