View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 19, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

This poll can't predict me because my study hours range from 1 hour to 21 hours. Varies from day to day.

At times I don't study at all. And at times I study even for 21 hours and finish a book in one night. I am extremist in my nature when I aim at any thing I complete it at any cost even at the cost of my health. My study pattern is not uniform. But one thing is sure I study even up to the last minute before starting paper in the exam. I take extreme stress before exam but I am relaxed in paper. The last half an hour of the paper is a big challenge for me because that demands from me the logical completion of the paper. If a paper is of 3 hours, I utilize all the 180 minutes. I don't remember a single incidence in my life when I handed over paper to the invigilator before he asks himself. To me when paper setter allows you 3 hours for the paper that means he requires from you consumption of 3 hours. Paper needs 3 hours and you have to utilize the every minute.

"When paper is of 3 hours, it is infact of 3 hours" Don't think that you can finish it in 1&1/2 hours.

I get surprised when I see a candidate handing over the paper to the invigilator within first two hours. Either he is so efficient that he presented all the stuff within 2 hours that needed 3 hours, or he has not justified with the paper.

In order to follow the norms of this poll I can mark the ideal hours which I perceive for different age groups, different status groups, and differing talent level groups.

Study hours follow a study cycle just like a trade/business cycle or like in finance a cash/operating cycle. That cycle passes from trough and crust. Depression, revival/recovery, boom, and recession.

For weak background: More than 12 hours
For jobless student and Mediocre: 8-12 hours
For normal candidates having 1 to 2 years study opportunity: 6-8 hours
For professional: 4-6 hours
At the stage of revision and in the beginning stage to gain stamina in later stage: 2-4 hours

Keeping in view the majority bucket I mark 8-12 hours.

Last edited by Last Island; Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 05:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
fluent_20 (Wednesday, April 07, 2010)