Thread: Novels
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Shaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the rough

"My enjoyment of Thief Lord grew and grew as I read it � and I loved the offbeat ending."
Diana Wynne Jones
"The plot amazed me: the twists and turns never truly stop... It's very good."
Eva Ibbotson
Winter has come early to Venice.
Two orphaned children are on the run, hiding among the crumbling canals and misty alleyways of the city. Befriended by a gang of street children and their mysterious leader, the Thief Lord, they shelter in an old, disused cinema.
On their trail is a bungling detective, obsessed with disguises and the health of his pet tortoises. But a greater threat to the boys' new-found freedom is something from a forgotten past-a beautiful magical treasure with the power to spin time itself.
Wonderful. An exciting and richly atmospheric thriller told in the best storytelling tradition by a bestselling international children's author.
Code:

http://ifile.it/jgw7obs

Last edited by Amna; Friday, March 08, 2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: invalid links