View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 09, 2009

Preshan Gul is on a distinguished road
Default Yes!!! Taliban Are Beautiful People.

Dear sis!!!
Your thought provoking article was really a fresh voice in the hype of a biased media compaign against Taliban. To tell you the truth it surprised me a lot to know that people like you still exist who don't let the voice of truth be trampled down under the ugly feet of a higly prejudiced and completely partial media war. I totally agree with your article and if it really is your own piece of writing it has made me envious of your ability to express your ideas with such clarity and eloquence.
Propaganda against Taliban is being trumpeted on such a colossal scale that voices like yours are ususally brushed aside by blind followers of media. So called intellectuals sitting far away from conflict areas in their cozy drawing rooms comment on Taliban with such a stupidity that it makes a person well aware with Taliban laugh at their ludicrous views. I have the honor of personally communicating with some Taliban fighting at the front lines and I found them beatiful, humane and perfect epitome of Islamic teachings. They weep for the plight of Muslims in Palestine, Chechnia, Iraq, Afganistan and Kashmir. They love Pakistan more than us. You know, God forbid, If their is an attack on Pakistan by some invader say America who will fight against imperialists???? These so called enlightened intellectuals, broad minded civil society workers, and moderate secularists will surely take sides with the invaders under one pretext or the other and Taliban, "poor, uneducated, retrogressive, extremists, close minded" will fight and fight and fight till they will force the crusaders to run away.
Those who are encouraging action against Taliban in Swat and other areas are either too naïve to know any thing about Taliban and their fighting spirit or they are serving the ulterior motives of some foreign powers. It is absurd to think that our vassal army living on the add of American imperialists would be able to crush those whom even such well equipped and well trained armies of NATO countries couldn’t subdue.
I request you all who read this that please don’t try to alienate Taliban from mainstream of our society. Don’t try to demonize them. It is neither in the interest of Pakistan nor our nation to be hostile to Taliban. If we couldn’t silence the voice of Bengalis how can we suppress Taliban who are much harder fighters and can resist our army in a much longer and much bloodier way than Bengalis.
We may have differences with Taliban and their views but we shouldn’t exaggerate these difference to such a level that we fall in a civil war like situation. Our enemies are pressing us to such a situation. We should be aware of their machinations.