View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 10, 2009

wsindhu is on a distinguished road

In my view, demand of "Sharia Courts" in swat was justified becuase this rule was there since the Britan. Britan allowed them to have these courts becuase these courts were to solve their personal issues. People were satisfied becuase their problems were getting heard in days instead of years.

Their demand was genuine but was hijacked by some criminals who can't diffrential between Shariah and their Cultural values. Secondly, when government accepted their demand of implementing Shariah courts, they just came our of their limits and started giving fatwas agains and each and every institution.

I agree that some institutions needs to be reformed, but I dont' think that Maulana Sufi Muhammad is eligible of giving Fatwas agains these because their demand for Shariah Courts was only for their own swat valley and they should not speak any institution out of their "premesis".

Maulana Sufi Muhammad should be aware that their are forces against them which could not see the Law of Justice being implemented anywhere on earth and they're surving their days and nights, with the help of international media to work agains you. Maulana Sufi Muhammad should have spoken with care and should have understood their limits.
I wish they should have accepted the government's allowed Shariah courts and tried to implement peace in the area of their influence and people would have joined them just because they could see the real peace.

Their cause would have been of much success if they could have accepted the initial agreement and thrown the criminals out of their areas. BUT I don't think they did try to see their tomorrow and now our media has another chance of portraying "Taliban" as they wished.

Demand of Shariah should rise from every corner of the country, but before that we need to have some leaders which should diffrential between "Islamic Laws" and "our cultural laws".