View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 14, 2009
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default Solved Papers of Every Day Science Since 1991

Disclaimer: It is to mention that I have just compiled the material from the thread Let us solve EDS Papers. I dedicate this thread to the services of Dr. Atif Rana, Saqib Shah, Last Island, Farooq Basir, Marwatone, Tauqeer Kurd, Afrms, Hira Imam Rizvi & Mohsin Shah.

Every Day Science Paper - 1991
Partial Solution

9. (a) Write response on the following:

(i) The method by which men provides for his everyday needs and desires is called (Technology, Engineering, Versatility)

(ii) Of all the flying machines, man has made only (Balloon Jet Air Craft, Rockets) are suitable for space flight.

(iii) Transistors do not need a warm up period because they have no (Plate, Grid, Filament)

(iv) If an object gives off its own light, it is said to be (transparent, illuminated,luminous)

(v) An electric heater would be most likely to produce (X-rays, Ultra Violet, I R Radiations)

(b) Fill in the blanks:

(i) If the mass/volume ratio of a box containing stones is equal to the mass volume ratio of a box containing feather than the box containing stones has smaller volume of material in it.

(ii) In any one kind of atom, the number of proton, electrons is the same, it is the number of neutrons which may change from atom to atom of the same element.

(iii) The Kelvin scale of temperature is called the absolute scale.

(iv) The type of radiation hat is unaffected by magnetic field is called alpha.

(v) If we know the mass of an object and the force applied on it, it is possible to calculate acceleration of the object.

11. Match the following pairs from list I & list II

List I………….......……List II

Kidney…………........…Frog
Proteins………........…Antibody
Photosynthesis….....Hepatitis
Heredity……….......…Bleeding disease
Neuron…….........……Heart
Hemophilia…….........Nerve cell
Pace Maker….......…Chromosomes
Virus…………............Plant
Antigen……......….….Amino acid
Amphibian…….......…Nephron

Answers:

List I…………….... ..…List II

Kidney…………....… .Nephron
Proteins………….... .Amino acid
Photosynthesis.… .Plant
Heredity…………... .Chromosomes
Hemophilia………... .Bleeding disease
Neuron…………...… .Nerve cell
Pace Maker…..…. .Heart
Virus……………....… Hepatitis
Antigen…………... …Antibody
Amphibian……….. ..Frog

14. (a) Name the organs responsible for the following functions present in either elements, plants or human.

a) Vision
b) Reproduction
c) Hormone secretion
d) Blood pumping
e) Food storage

Answers:

a) Eye
b) Gonades
c) Glands
d) Heart
e) Stem and stomach

(b) Fill in the blanks:

(i) Active transport in animals and plants required metabolic energy and concentration gradient to carry the substances across cell membranes electrical gradient.

(ii) Diseases that spread through air are called air born disease.

(iii) Large trees give off aerial roots for the support of their heavy spreading branches.

(iv) When iron is less in body the quantity of hemoglobin in cell decreases.

(v) Arteries become hard due to deposition of fats in them.

~~~~~~~~******~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Xeric; Monday, May 25, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to Xeric For This Useful Post:
AFRMS (Thursday, May 14, 2009), ALI786 (Sunday, October 11, 2009), amnakhan (Saturday, June 14, 2014), arshadali_84 (Thursday, July 30, 2009), asadnaeem (Tuesday, September 03, 2013), awaisnaveed (Friday, June 05, 2009), Ayesha Suhail (Thursday, July 26, 2012), A_Rehman (Thursday, July 09, 2009), babai (Thursday, October 14, 2010), BALOCHISTAN (Monday, October 15, 2012), cutiepie (Thursday, July 18, 2013), doli (Monday, June 11, 2012), dr tariq (Tuesday, March 23, 2010), dr.atifrana (Thursday, May 21, 2009), Emaan786 (Thursday, November 22, 2012), Engr.Aftab (Sunday, May 24, 2009), Faiza Dar (Sunday, February 03, 2013), farhan kalwar (Friday, July 19, 2013), fasadi bacha (Sunday, September 22, 2013), Hassanzzz (Friday, August 24, 2012), humaira Younis Bhatti (Saturday, February 05, 2011), Irfan Ahmed Soomro (Sunday, July 25, 2010), king khan jadoon (Monday, December 19, 2011), M Zahid Gondal (Sunday, March 10, 2013), M.Murtaza (Monday, April 05, 2010), madiha alvi (Sunday, April 14, 2013), marwatone (Monday, May 25, 2009), Mary Ayan (Wednesday, May 06, 2020), Mashori Ayaz (Monday, August 24, 2009), Viceroy (Thursday, May 14, 2009), mtariqafridi@yahoo.com (Saturday, September 18, 2010), mudasr (Wednesday, December 12, 2012), pabani (Saturday, December 08, 2012), pisceankhan (Sunday, August 17, 2014), pure (Sunday, August 16, 2009), rajabhutto (Monday, September 28, 2009), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, June 13, 2010), rufy09 (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), s malik (Saturday, October 09, 2010), sajjadsyed (Monday, November 22, 2010), sanu (Thursday, September 09, 2010), Saraa Khan (Monday, June 03, 2013), Shumaila Rana (Wednesday, August 08, 2012), Sumr (Saturday, October 21, 2017), tehreem zafar (Thursday, May 20, 2010), uzma khan youzaf zai (Saturday, October 24, 2009), Waqas Ahmad Hashmi (Monday, December 14, 2009)