View Single Post
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
Khadim-e-Fareed
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Roll Number 3208-CSS 2008Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2009Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2009Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,189 Times in 442 Posts
Mumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The merit should be preserved at any cost no matter how hard it is ,because justice is the basic thing that unites any society in the world , not the compromises . The statesmen are not those who give ‘concessions’ but those who preserve the merit .
I agree that merit should be preserved but as said earlier that merit comes into question when we are comparing equals. As most of us have tried to explain it to you that education standards all over Pakistan are not equal and due to backwardness and sense of deprivation the quota system in the jobs by Federal Government has to be upheld. Things can not be changed overnight because they are the result of centuries old exploitation first by Britishers than by the Local influentials and at last by the establishment.It will take time. You can have your own opinion but statesmen are those who make Right decisions at the opportune time.

Quote:
It has passed 62 years and the matter of the uplift of educational standard is compromised with providing quota system! It is a pity. Quota system is an escape route from the responsibilities and equivalent to sweep the real problem of development under the carpet with a smiling face and saying all is well!
I have already explained that it will take time to rectify the educational system of our country but it will take some time. Quota system is not an escape but some respite to people who have been suffering from exploitation since centuries.

Quote:
The world is divided between the non-Muslims and the Muslims according to the Quarn and the Hadith . The separate electrode was demanded to preserve the identity of the Muslims of sub-continent. The above mentioned analogy does not hold water in this context .
Yes everyone would agree that Muslims and Hindus are two separate identities.But i am afraid that in the demand of separate electorates the foremost plea of Muslim leaders was that Muslims were not educationally and Financially at par with Hindus hence they would not be able to compete with the educated and rich Hindu majority.Not only separate electorates but jobs quota and entry into Medical and other institutions were also demanded by the Muslims on quota sighting their educational backwardness, although both Muslims and Hindus had similar facilities to avail. Now i do not see how were they trying to keep muslim identity intact by demanding Muslim quota for Government jobs and University admissions?
Quote:
This part is quoted without context but it supports my argument. Here the author admits that the quota system has inflamed the ethnicity . Yes, that I why the abolition is necessary. The contradictions of thoughts project the half-baked ideas.
I was not pointing out the quota system. I was just pointing out the sad nature of our federation where some hate mongers have only the provincial issue to exploit and base their Politics on. We have failed to inculcate the love for four Federating units in the masses and if we start the dividing lines on Divisional basis then i am afraid we wont be doing any good to the cause of our Nation.

Quote:
They deserve the jobs ,right! But this is a purely executive matter to find the suitable candidates for the jobs, no matter what is the nature of that job . There comes the favoritism and ulterior motive , there is a great harm lies in it when at the gross root level vacancies are distributed on very odd standards. Are these not used as a political weapon ? Does any code of ethics allow such distribution ?
The qualification is advertised along the number of vacancies.If someone who fulfills the criteria and has passed the interview is given a job on someones recommendation i do not see any damage being done to merit. As long as someone clears the qualifications test and interview he/she is as eligible as anyone out there.

Quote:
Thanks for telling me that these ‘angels’ were MNAs not MPAs .
Is this justice that an MNA is recommending the distribution of telephone connections. Every body knows that who is going to get the recommendation. Where is the merit ? The merit is a mere recommendation letter from the stakeholders !
we are moving in another direction. We were discussing the quota system in the central superior services. But the times this used to happen telephone was the least of concerns of the people living in rural areas.

Quote:
Gentleman running from the arguments is not considered an act of through civilization because arguments can avert destructions . Where there are no arguments : the civilization cease to exist , as non human don’t argue but fight!
No one is running away from the argument. I think that majority has made its point clear.But if you want to cling on to your perception than obviously we can try to change your mind to a certain extent not more than that.
Quote:
Brother, there are no personal motives behind these thoughts . The demand for broader justice should not be ascribed to the personal interests, and my personal level is the part and parcel of Pakistan , I don’t own dual nationality , do you ?
Broader justice means that everyone should have equal opportunity and till such time the one's who do not have that facility it is no wrong to give them some concessions.And i do not think that the Interests of Pakistan will often concur with your personal interest.As one has to sacrifice personal interest in order to serve National Interest. ( Most of the times ).

I do not want to infuriate you personally and i have made my point again and again, so if there is something new discuss please bring it forward otherwise i am sorry i do not have more to say.

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Monday, May 18, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mumtaz Hayat Maneka For This Useful Post:
AFRMS (Monday, May 18, 2009), Bandit Queen (Monday, May 18, 2009), Last Island (Monday, May 18, 2009), Raz (Monday, May 18, 2009)