View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 26, 2009
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about
Default some tips

hi guys
Alot has been discussed and said about different subjects......In view there are many other things which must be taken care of. I will discuss them under following headings.
Remember: i am sharing my personal opinion and observation. With the help of Almighty i did well in examz.

1.UNDERSTANDING URSELF:
You need to understand yourself. ASk what kind of man u r? what is your goal? what you want to do in life? Are you willingly going for css? or there is some sort of external pressure? Knowing oneself is the best way to get maximum work from your body and mind....
Try to explore when your mind works in better way. Some people stdy in morning while others prefer studying at night. So if your mind worls in better way in morning, dont put presure on it at night...

2.STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVE THOUGHTS:
Keep in mind that negative thoughts or feelings like anger, jealousy, hipocracy ets all affect you mind badly. In fact, they damage your capabilities. Think positively. And when you start stdying remove everything (grief, sadness) from your mind.

3.LAWS OF ATTRACTION:
It is believed that if a man always thinks about his failure,he ultimately fails in his task. Laws of attraction say so. If you will think about positive things and success you will get it.
In other words you have to make your aptitude suitable for particular goal. Wasif Ali Wasif nay bhi yehi kaha tha k insan apni kamyabi ki rah mein khud rukawat ban jata hay because of his thinking and aptitude. So always think about success.

4.CONSCIOUS COMPETENCE LADDER:
To judge ones competence, conscious competence ladder is made. the stages are
a.inconscious incompetence (people in this stage of mental development dont know that they cannot compete)

b.conscious incompetence (people here know that they cannot compete)

c.conscious competence (people having this level of mind know that they can compete)

d. inconscious competence (people at this stage dont know that they can compete,they have hidden abilities)

Css demands you to be at stage 4 which is inconscious competence. you need to develop these skills as most of the questions in css papers are innovative.

5. STUDY TO LEARN AND GAIN:
i remember during my preparation, i reached a point where result had no value for me. I thought that i have gained enough. Css taught me great things. i became very much confident. So dont stdy to pass the exam only. Css gives you great oppurtunity to learn. It broadens your vision. When you will stdy keeping this thing in your mind, you will never get tired....

6.CONTINUOUS WORK:
Css utilizes the memorising and other powers of mind. So be consistent in your work as only consistency polishes your mind. If you work 5 days and in other 2 days, you dont even touch the books, it will cause great harm to previously remembered things. So if you plan to rest at any day, you should stdy for 1 or 2 hours at least.

7. BODY TEMPERATURE And HEALTH:
We are like machines. We work in better environment and temperature. Shift your stdy time to the cooler parts of day. And yes dont create ideal temperature in room. As in ideal temperature you will fell asleep. it should be little bit hotter or prefferably cooler than your ideal temperature.

Ideal temp: simply the temp where people fell asleep.

Take great care of your health. AS healthy body mein he healthy mind hota hay.

These are the things which i followed in my preparation and with the grace of ALLAH i felt no difficulty in exams.....

The tips about the preparation of different subjects will be posted on demand.
My optionals were
Indo-pak history
journalism
sociology
geography.
mariyah ahmed (Tuesday, May 26, 2009), osama24 (Thursday, June 11, 2009)