View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dr.G.AsgharMemon is on a distinguished road

I was to write something on particular aspects of general knowledge. But, it seems that i participate something in ongoing controversy of how much to write in particular paper. We have several examples from each category. I would like to mention specially name of one of my friend qualifer Waheed Anwar Abro{known out of love in this forum 'janiabro'} He is of the openion that Answers in css papers should be concise,to the point, witty,and relevant. He avoids lengthy answers over terse. it should be to the point.in contrast, one example of a qualifer is Amubark, whose suggestions have been mentioned above by my friend Faisal memon, She used her strategy of 7 paged answer. But, it should be noted that her answers in psychology were to the point. she got more than 150 marks. There is one more qualifer, i have forgot his name, but i read that he wrote only 6 page in whole paper for mercantile law and got more than 80 numbers. Therefore, afterall, who is to be believed? For beginers are in a state of predicament in this matter.
I m nai've in this regard for i m not sure whether or not i wud pass css examination. But, as tortoise i know more about the road that goes to success. Nevertheless, you should blame yourself if my strategies do not work!!

1. Write to the point.

2. Do not just write to the point. Mention some additive facts. Reinforcements, backup, support structures on which your answers will be based.

3. Your mind should be perceptive; you should understand the question, then plan your answer as to what is asked, and what you are supposed to write.

4. your concepts should be clear. Answer should not be in your subconsious. When the answer is in your subconsious you have the feeling that you know the answer, so when you actually get down to answer it, you get too many words to say a single thing. it is obvious that your examiner will get tired of your answer. he needs a break with such extravagant answers which lacks in material, yet it is wordy and nonsensical.

5. Your answer depends upon the question asked, paper attempted, and your state of knowledge about the subject matter. You can not expect to write more than you know,therefore, if you are unsure about the answer write only the parts of which is most understood to you. science subjects demands factual knowledge ,which is limited in scope, requires a particular way to be attempted. arts subjects also require their own parameters. dear friends, do not ever forget that what is the question asked about, and what type of answer examiner is looking for.

6. on the question of whether quality or quantity. i would just ask you a simple question. Can you express something without quantity? To express a thought you need ideas. the problem is peculiar assortment of ideas in proper blocks of your essay or paragraphs, its proper allocation is what is quality. Quality refers also to relevant points. quality also refers to how beautifully you have produced an answer to the questin asked. Whereas, when quality is supplied, it will have supplied quantity. Quantity is ''same material'' for example one liter of water contain one liter of H20 molecules. its quantity is one liter. Whereas, the question'' is water purified of sediments?'' demands quality. quality refers to purity of the thing measured. in our context quality means relevance, and quantity means abundance. i m sure no one will sacrifice one for the other. i hope the matter is pretty much clear.

regards

Last edited by Xeric; Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.G.AsgharMemon For This Useful Post:
Faisalmemon (Wednesday, May 27, 2009), mariyah ahmed (Wednesday, May 27, 2009)