View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sabah Hunzai is on a distinguished road
Default freedon to press or not?

well, it will be just like a sweeping generalization or a sort of judgemental statement, if one takes either side of your question. press should be given freedom but not at the cost of national interst, across the countries if you analyze the role of press, it always safeguards national interest, in the case of our country, (if my example goes right) there remained a tension between military and civilian, at the time when press was given freedom. the role of press was remained like adding fuel to fire instead of becoming up front in such situtions. Remember those talk shows, when, even foreign policy of our country was under a sever debate, in such a way as if it is the game of public sphere. I think such screcies should be the matter of thinktanks not of media anchors.
on the other front, freedom of press brought some awakening moments in the public history of our country, as a result injustice has paved its way to public notice via press.
Press should be given freedom, but it should not forget its responsiblities while delivering its services.

I am writing it in hurry so pardon for mistaks.
Zarlasht (Saturday, May 30, 2009)