View Single Post
Old Monday, June 01, 2009
Khadim-e-Fareed
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Roll Number 3208-CSS 2008Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2009Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2009Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,189 Times in 442 Posts
Mumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to behold
Default My humble Opinion about Astute Accountant's essay

Dear Astute Accountant i appreciate your effort and the fact that you were the only contestant to post your essay and that too, before time. But when it comes to checking i have to be genuine and unbiased because i have to see this essay according to the requirements of FPSC's essay paper. ( I am in no way suggesting that i am in any way an authority on the subject ).

Your essay is fine but in my opinion it lacks the following.

1. A detailed Outline before the essay
2. A proper Introduction
3. Thesis Statement
4. A css essay has much more to it than just the topic. I choose this topic because since last few years there has been a great deal of controversy regarding the state of women rights in islam and gender discrimination in Muslim countries. The propoganda has recieved a lot of coverage acorss the globe.Therefore you had to start of with the current scenario and then lead toward the basic rights of women in islam.

A few suggestions from my side. These points hould have been incorporated in your essay.

1. Current scenario, Western Propoganda or reality
2. Reasons behind the plight of women in Muslim States
3. Then may be with what you have started.
4. Steps with which we can improve the state of Women in the Muslim World

A lot more can be written, but i will remain relevant.

Over all, your essay is more suited as an answer to a question on the Status of women in Islam in Islamiyat Paper but not in English Essay Paper.

P.S: Please do not loose heart, it is criticism for the sake of Improvement and for the benefit of other aspirants.

Regards
Astute Accountant (Wednesday, June 03, 2009), dr.atifrana (Monday, June 01, 2009), hanna (Monday, June 01, 2009), Viceroy (Monday, June 01, 2009), Artemis (Monday, June 01, 2009), pakdoctor (Thursday, July 30, 2009), Raz (Monday, June 01, 2009)