View Single Post
Old Sunday, June 07, 2009

Preshan Gul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalant
The Din-i-Ilahi's concept was not only the introduction of a new religion, it was about imparting the feeling of nationhood throughout the country. Akbar was far ahead of his time when it comes to Emperor ship, we should keep this in mind when answering such may-be-biased Questions. We should present both sides of the picture in the Critical Analysis at the end of the question.
For the sake of critical analysis and filling the pages of answer book in exams Akbar's Din-e-Illahi can be discussed by giving both point of views but if viewed from the sanity's point of view it was nothing more than a farce of a highest strata. Influenced by his sycophant coutesans and obsessed with the idea of his being supreme in all aspects, secular or religious; Akbar mindlessly invented this grotesque religion which had no precedent in history. Akbar was too stupid or too naive in his belief that he would be able through this Din to achieve sectarian harmony among his Hindu and Moslim masses. I used to think like you that Akbar was far ahead in the idea of Emprorship but after reading all the provisions and articles of Din-e-Ellahi I do feel that he was far behind in common sense and general wisdom. From a Hindu's point of view Akbar was great for he provided his community an opportunity to gain influence in the affairs of state and subsequently challange the supermacy of Moslim rule in India but from a Muslim's point he was nothing more than a headless demolisher of Muslim supermacy through his stupid acts.