View Single Post
Old Friday, June 12, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough

I apologize in advance but at the same time would definitely like to present my opinion.
I don’t see the reason why everyone is having a trivial approach toward Obama’s speech in Cairo. To me, his choice of words were excellent, his stance carried logic and his attitude showed keenness to bring peace. I won’t even compare him to Bush jr., as we all know how he used to oppose the Muslims. At least Obama knows whether to call war a war on terrorism or crusade.
Having heard all the rhetoric I would certainly like to ask something, we always have grudges with the western media to exploit and presenting the wrong picture of Islam then today if someone wants the world to know true meanings of our religion then why are we still crying? I didn’t find his definition of Islam to be wrong but the image that we are showing. Blasts in Mosques, massacre of people in Balochistan, opposing the settlement of IDP’s in Sindh what does this all explain? We ought to learn that forgotten version rather than criticizing his speech.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord AvaLon For This Useful Post:
nazlili21 (Sunday, June 14, 2009)