View Single Post
Old Friday, June 19, 2009
39th CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 Merit 5

Asifr is on a distinguished road

I do perfectly agree with X1Xi. Well said!

Opting any civil service cadre impregnably on the grounds that it will be lucrative, well-paid, full of portentous perks and privileges, quality of accommodation and food etc. is in fact highly indecent gesture, sorry to say.

Firstly, one needs to be very realist i believe while choosing civil services as a career. One should join civil service with an intent to serve the nation no matter it is at home or abroad. Every cadre has its discerning pros and cons. One comes to the reality, and nuts and bolts of a particular service when one joins it.

Secondly, civil service is not about money minting. Civil service is about the honour, prestige and the tag you carry to serve your people and country.

Thirdly, before joining civil service one should analyse what one has got to offer to one's country and service by meticulously assessing one's personality not on the grounds what a particular service has got to offer him. If someone opts for any service on the basis of perks and previleges, i am afraid to say he would prove to be a square peg in a round hole and will end in despair.

Fourthly, if your chosen service/career is your ambition, and you have the inclination then you would enjoy your service and would definitely be able to ameliorate the condition of your countrymen.

Note: Readers have the right to agree or disagree to what i have stated above.

Regards,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Asifr For This Useful Post:
Adil Memon (Friday, June 19, 2009), fluent_20 (Friday, February 26, 2010), jadoon khan (Monday, June 22, 2009), leibniz (Friday, April 30, 2010), Shahroz47 (Tuesday, June 12, 2012), Sociologist PU (Saturday, February 27, 2010)