View Single Post
Old Friday, June 19, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010

Thanked 1,291 Times in 524 Posts
Viceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifr
Opting any civil service cadre impregnably on the grounds that it will be lucrative, well-paid, full of portentous perks and privileges, quality of accommodation and food etc. is in fact highly indecent gesture, sorry to say.
AoA

Agreed ... the above mentioned reasons are definitely very bad reasons to take up a job like the Civil Services if ... they are the sole reasons !

I agree with the unquoted part of your post as well but the reason why I (or some one else as well) maybe enjoying the posts by CSP Mubeen Meher (X1Xi) and Adil Memon (plus others) may not be that we are looking for the perks and priviliges only.

I think knowing the details before making a decision for yourself is a good idea. You never know some one may be having a genuine reason behind when he looks for a particular privilege in a job e.g. an only child of ailing parents; he should be knowing what facilities the service has to offer for his parents. There can be other genuine reasons as well and they do not overlap with one's sincerity towards the job or towards serving the country.

I am posting this (sort of) clarification because I felt your post might stop the process of information sharing that was luckily triggered after a long period of "no news". I know you did not intend to break the discussion but unintentionally the post might have done that. Please don't take any offence

I'd go a step ahead and request the respected CSPs to take some time out of their busy schedule and post a small experiece of their respective services encompassing the priviliges, nature of job, travel requirements, nature of public relations, etc. whatever they feel like sharing. This would be of a great help for a registered audience of over 22,000 and of course the guests added to it.

I hope I made some sense
imranazeem (Tuesday, April 28, 2015), jadoon khan (Monday, June 22, 2009), sidra siyal (Tuesday, June 01, 2010)