Thread: Appreciation
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ahmed Ali Shah is on a distinguished road

faiza and seedhe_jalebi;

there are alot of books out there in thr market. But i am not satisfied with them. Although content in some is good, their is conflict of dates and events in them.

e.g- in some books the date on which American constitution came to existance is 1786, while in others it is 1789. Now to a person with no knowledge of American History and its constitutional history this would be very confusing. Both dates are not wrong. In 1776 American constitution was drafted and ratified and in 1779 it became a force/ or was implemented over the US.

For this above reason, i am compiling my own notes rather than relying on just books. I know many people will also find trouble with dates and events and thats another reason for me sharing my notes.

But if you still want to know names of good books than let me check out some good books. There are some great books from profs from American universities. Let me check them out. Even American themselves make these errors.

Last edited by Ahmed Ali Shah; Wednesday, March 22, 2006 at 09:36 PM.