View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Snazzy is on a distinguished road

Please don't panic. It's nothing difficult as long as you keep calm and steady. Here is how my GD and Interview went:

Every candidate checked in at LRC by 11. we were 36 in total.
After all the candidates had reported, they started verifying documetns.
After that, they form groups of 5 to 6 candidates which were taken to the discussion hall one by one.

In my group, we were 4 boys and 2 gals. when our turn came, our group was taken to discussion hall. In the hall we were greeted by a panel. they were four gentlemen. we are asked to be seated in a semi circle next to our nameplates which were already in place on teh table. After we were seated, one of the gentlemen welcomed us. He told that he would state a topic for discussion. he further told tah initially 5 minutes would be given to us for brainstorming during which we could jot down our points. we were provided with a pencil and a paper. He advised us not to adress teh panel and discuss among oursleves. The topic was: "are cable channels a good source of information or not?"

I spoke after first two candidates finished speaking. I noticed that the group was getting astrayed by quoting specific examples from star plus and GEO) instead of focusing on the topic: I will only quote instances which I remember:

boy(1): He begin the discussion instatnly and spoke advantages and disadvantages.
gurl(1): She spoke against the topic. she said it was teh waste of time as ladies in the house would watch star plus all the time and do nothign productive. at this poitn i begin:

I: just because some people waste their time watching star plus doesn't make cable a bad source of information. I explained, it is up to the user to watch out for teh content that benefits him/her and ignore that which doens't. Having said taht, i accepted taht some of the content shown on cable didnt' suit certain social values but that could be restricted through censorship. I spoke only twice in teh whole discussion.

boy (2) he spoke frequently inturrupting other candidates and did sound agressive. he repeated points of boy(1) and me. He also critisized gurl (1) for going against the group.

gurl (2) she spoke in the end. she started first few sentences with a broken english and after that she spoke in urdu. she spoke only once.

boy(3) he started by quoting me and was moderate enough. he too spoke twice.

I concluded the discussion by saying that: "i think most of us agree taht the advantages of cable channels out number its disadvantages which makes it a good source of information. The need is taht...and at this point the gentleman thanked us. the group discussion was over.

Result: both the gurls and boy (2) were not selected. and rest of us were qualified for panel interviews.

I suggest you talk to other candidates when u check in at center. don't stay alienated. I did this. and it helped me a lot as one of the candidates who i had made friends with b4 GDs was in my group. he was boy(3.)

Lead the group. i noticed taht all the candidates were specifically adressing me as if they were seeking my consent. I didn't do that. I kept an eye contact with all the members whenever I spoke.

Interview:
my turn of inteview came at 7:15. I am M.Sc. (Statistics) and most of the questions were based on hard core statistics. Few common questions such as, describe yourself, nature of job. i was also asked, would I be interested to join state bank if I was hired in a different capacity than where I actually fit in? I said yes, and i reasoned it.

Gud Luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snazzy For This Useful Post:
courageneverdies (Sunday, December 09, 2012), khalid mahsid (Friday, January 29, 2010), Miss Sarkar (Monday, February 22, 2010), waqar mohammad (Tuesday, June 23, 2009)