View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 23, 2009
39th CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 Merit 5

Asifr is on a distinguished road
Default Foreign Service of Pakistan (FSP)

Well, I have opted for Foreign Service of Pakistan (FSP) as my first preference, and believe Foreign Service of Pakistan (FSP) is not merely a profession but life. It has several facades which make it distinguished from rest of the cadres. I take this opportunity to highlight few of them.
  • In today’s highly transformational world, FSP provides opportunities to its diplomats to compete with best of the best of the world. Challenge and change are inherent in a Foreign Service Officer's professional life of service to his/her country. A diplomat can make a difference in the world. Soon after you join Pakistan Embassy/Mission as 3rd Secretary, your challenges-oriented life embarks upon.
  • FSP is a life time learning cadre undoubtedly. Learning and exploring discerning cultures, languages, civilizations etc. are few of the pile novel experiences which a diplomat undergoes during his career. In order to rise to the occasion, FSP officers build their capacities inline with the vibrant and dynamic multi-façade economic, political, social challenges. They are trained at best institutions of the world. Be it bilateral diplomacy or conflict resolution, being a diplomat, you have fair chances of becoming an international figurehead by dint of sagacity, intellect, and diplomacy-oriented skills.
  • FSP is probably the only cadre that extends opportunities to solicit, represent, project and cultivate national interest. There is no doubt that our domestic and foreign problems needs equal attention. Our success abroad would surely bolster the prestige of our nation in the comity of the nations. Similarly, our success at home will uplift our society and exalt the image of our leadership abroad. Therefore, all civil service cadres are of equal importance. I stringently believe that diplomacy is the body language of a country. If a country is lightweight and has meager contribution to international politics and economy then it will be difficult for the diplomats to solicit their national interests on profound grounds. Despite these factors, our diplomats have always been able to solicit our national case effectively at every platform.
  • One of the main magnets of FSP is the opportunity to travel. FSP officers are posted for a stipulated period of 2 or 3 years. It has two-fold blessing and curse in guise. If an officer is not happy with the type of country he is posted in or he gets tired of it, he knows he’ll get rid of it after a couple of years i.e. blessing indeed. If an officer is content where he is, it would be quite a difficult transition. Hence, FSP officers roam the world and visit almost 7-10 countries during their service tenure.
  • Last but not the least; I’d not talk much about the hackneyed saying- living and dinning like diplomats.
I have tried to share my thoughts. Readers have the equal right to agree or disagree to what I have stated above.

Regards,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Asifr For This Useful Post:
A_Rehman (Sunday, July 05, 2009), leibniz (Tuesday, April 13, 2010), Viceroy (Tuesday, June 23, 2009), Shooting Star (Wednesday, April 28, 2010), sidra siyal (Tuesday, June 01, 2010), tknw01 (Wednesday, October 20, 2010)