View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Engr.Aftab will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISMARCK
I am a CSS 2010 aspirant. I am in a fix whether I should opt for geography or not.
Salamz dear
I appeared in 2009 css exam and opted geography as my optional. I suggest u first go through the syllabus of geography and the past question papers then decide.
Quote:
I have never studied this subject before.
Dear as mr adil has already told you that he had no back ground wotever subject he opted. In css exam all candidates have different study back grounds i-e medical, engineering, social sciences, arts etc. and many candidates even do not find the subjects of their study back ground and instead of that they pass with flying colors. So its not necessary that one should have study back ground. .[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I analysed the DMS of successful candidates in CSS2008 and found that most of the candidates, having geography as their optional subject, scored over 150 marks in it. That is why I am tempted to opt for this subject. .
You are right dear this subject is scoring one and if one study it thoroughly and with interest then he can get up to 170 marks.
Quote:
I wnt to know 2 things about this subject: 1 Are there too many scientific concepts involved in it to pose great difficulty to one like me having background only in arts subjects? .
Dear this subject has 200 marks and two papers . paper I is lilttle bit scientific but it doesn’t contain too much scientific terminology like other science subject do. PaperI is about earth, heavenly bodies, oceans, winds, land forms, earth quake, tempratures etc
And most of the things of this paper u have to study in EDS aswel .
Paper II is not scientific and that is general type and contains many topics related to sociology, current affairs, etc so paper II can be studied without much efforts.
I have already said that go through syllabus and past question papers. You will get the idea.
Quote:
2 Will it take more time to prepare it? I cannot cram scientific things and if I try to do so, then it will take so much of my time that I may not prepare other subjects satisfactorily.
dear if any subject is read with due planning and time management then I think it must not take more than 15 days. And it also depends upon your mental capacity of understanding the things and the method of study aswell. I suggest you go through the past question papers and select the most important topics and that will not take too much time and u will also b able to attempt the questions in exam easily.
Now ball is still in your court.

regards
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Engr.Aftab For This Useful Post:
BISMARCK (Tuesday, June 23, 2009), kashifilyas (Wednesday, November 04, 2009), Raz (Tuesday, September 01, 2009)