Thread: Plain fact
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 30, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 112

F.S. will become famous soon enough

@ Baba Khan:
Salams.....
I m surprised on ur observations drawn & generalized by u. I will give my own input here for fellow members to show other side of story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babakhan
It is really dismal to see the frame of mind of our young generation. I’ve been observing the threads of this forum since last few months and concluded that many aspirants of CSS/PCS and even Mukhtiarkar are already placed at good position drawing handsome salaries such as officers in State Bank and Section Officers etc. But the question which is really pinching me that why they are interested in becoming the KAMDARS of waderas as DDOs and Mukhtiarkars.
First of all, let me honestly tell u that not all people joining civil service are intrested in becoming the Kamdars of Waderas as DDOs & Mukhtiarkar... No matter how big a Wadera is, He still needs helping hand & protection from DDO/DCO/Mukhtiarkar & not to forget SHO/DPO... the deal always involves 'give' n 'take from both parties..

Moreover, U must not generalise ur observation here, as not everyone joining Civil Service opts it with mind of minting illegal money... a good number of officer abhor black money....

As for question of "people from State Bank/ Section Officer switching there jobs to become Kamdars" is concerned, I (being a Section Officer myself) have opted for switching service to have better career in civil service... the things like 'lateral entries' & 'delayed promotions' are factors behind my decision of attempting CSS... I will have same salary in any group, I get... Our constitution gives every citizen 'freedom of Occupation', so a person from State bank has same right to serve nation by switching job, as any ordinary candidates has...

CSS or other exams are competitive in nature, so the best ones go through, everyone has freedom to attempt it, even though some unemployed candidate would desire that those with jobs be banned, so competition is less

Quote:
If they really want to serve the nation (very common justification provided by civil servants) than why they can’t serve the nation from their present position.
Serving nation is part of every civil servants duty (for that matter a person working in any private bank), but there are many other things which tempt an individual to switch a job... For example, I'v always dreamt of joining Foreign Service.... I happened to pass PCS, so do I hv no right to achieve my aim in life... Am I destined to work only in secretariat, if my services can be of better use for my nation in diplomatic service............

Quote:
According to my analysis the only persuading factor for them to swith over to another job is big time CORRUPTION. We should admit that we have corrupt frame of mind which has been pushing us to work really hard to have an operational post like DDO and ignore good salaried positions we are acquiring at the moment.
Motivation for working hard to some candidates may be CORRUPTION....
For majority, the motivation lies in following things:
1. Better Service Structure
2. Noo fear of lateral Entries
3. Fairly rapid & systematic promotions
4. Opportunities to serve nation in different capacities
5. to prove one's own existence, worth
6. to guide nation towards progress
MANY MANY MORE

Quote:
Viewing the case in the said context, we criticize people at public service commission not to involve in corrupt practices by eroding merit but on the other hand we are sharpening our teeth to involve in the same practice once the opportunity is thrown to us. We all are corrupt but pretend to be a true loyalist of the nation and claim big to serve it. Lets admit this fact and stop being hypocrats.
Not everyone in civil services is corrupt, I hv many example to quote, there are many "unsung" heros who closes their fans after office timings r over (4 PM)... they bring food & even water from their houses, so not everyone is hypocrat.....

Frankly absence of merit during civil service & un-healthy pay package tempts an individual to earn money from other source... A mid-level banker in private Bank earns in laks, where as a Federal Secretary (BS-22)-Highest rank in Civil service- gets hardly Rs. 70.000... So pay is very discouraging... afterall u'v to maintain a living when ur children go to school & u pay utility bills & buy food items... Not everyone gets official residence in Karachi... would a civil servant b able to rent a one-room apartment in outskirts of KHI (Malir/Sohrab Goth etc) in House Rent of Rs. 4500/= Civil servants during the British Rule used to get handsome salary, consequently chances of Corruption were no where.... Frankly if a civil servant gets posting on merit & has constitutional protection of job (like HIGH COURT JUDGES) & guarrantee of completion of tenure for atleast three years, than all your allegations wud b no more.... Officers tend to b on good terms with politicians because only their happiness wud guarrantee continuity of their posting

Quote:
I am not excluding myself from above observations

Bro, pl see other side of the coin too

THANKS
Adil Memon (Wednesday, July 01, 2009), aj khan (Wednesday, July 01, 2009), Daud DD (Wednesday, July 01, 2009), Last Island (Tuesday, June 30, 2009), Viceroy (Wednesday, July 01, 2009), Mumtaz Hayat Maneka (Wednesday, July 01, 2009), Nonchalant (Thursday, July 02, 2009), Predator (Wednesday, July 01, 2009), Raz (Tuesday, June 30, 2009), shahid12456 (Wednesday, July 01, 2009)