Thread: ACCA or MBA??
View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 05, 2009

Omer will become famous soon enough

Well, these two qualifications have no match either in course structure or job prospects. Regarding MBA from lums or iba, it would give you a very nice job (my frnds r getting 70k-80k) at start but the growth is not so fast as in case of a chartered accountant. Also in foreign multinationals, ACCA is worth far more as it is an international degree.MBA is always at operational level, not at strategic level.

Obviously, ACCA takes time but it pays in the end.

Regarding Pak CA, the monoplostic criteria of ICAP has dicouraged students to take pak CA a sit takes a long time to pass. Candidates are passed based on the market requirements. and now you can do ICAEW in pak as well, so you can go for it but ACCA after 5 yrs of job gets ICAEW as well (after complating case study paper).

Let me tell you a fact that there are approximately 4,000 CAs in pak (of which 2,000 are abroad). So you canb judge the job requirements and pay structure.and for ACCA, they are replacing CAs in pak as well. It is only high headedness of CAs in pak that they are not recognising it although they use ACCA papers to set their papers (it is a proven fact).

So, my deal fellow, go for ACCA if you want to go to strategic level corporate life.Trust, me, it really pays.

Need not to go far, let me give you my example.I m an ACCA with job experience of only 2 yrs (it is my first job), though i hav been to UK for study, I am working in world 3rd largest firm with salary more that 150K [will not tell u xact figure ;-)]

Shoule you need to discuss anything, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Kind Regards
"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."