View Single Post
Old Friday, July 10, 2009

rizla86 is on a distinguished road

I had my interview today and it was pretty disappointing. In fact it was more of a rapid fire round the way they threw questions at me. Nearly all questions were academic in nature. It was predominantly one person who was asking the questions. Two other interviewers asked two questions, the remaining two sat silent the whole time just looking at me. One question was related to my research project (internet banking) at university and he asked me to apply my findings to the market in pakistan. At this point I was thinking thank goodness theres a question I can freely talk about. Other questions were..what is accounting? What is accounting system? What is debit?! What is the market capitalisation of the KSE? What is the difference between banking and non-banking financial institutions? At times I hadn't actually finished answering where he quickly moved on to the next question. It seemed to me they were trying to test my reaction under stress or something. When you're not allowed to finish your answer it is very disconcerting. Then there was a bit about what I have been doing since I graduated (I haven't actually started a professional job). At the end he asked me what area was my preference and asked me whether I had any questions. The whole thing lasted around 15 minutes.