View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 30, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow Thanx for sharing Goodoo.

~
"koo ba koo, phail gayee baat shanaasaayee kee,
Musharraf nay Khushboo kee tarah Kiyani kee pazeeraayee kee....
kaisay kehdoon keh Pakistan Army nay ghair liya hai pooray mulk ko,
Baat to sach hai, per baat hai ruswaayee kee....."

Quote:
He has also been corps commander Quetta besides serving as commandant Pakistan Military Academy Kakool. Known for his decency and modesty, Hameed is generally referred in the military circles as a man of character.
I hope Gen. Hameed manages to continue his tenure being the same man of character that he is today being called. Unlike Gen. Kiyani, who too was a man of character till he didn't challenge the powerful Govt. of Musharraf ( check out: http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/news-articles/2788-behind-stage.html ), however, once he managed to commit this sin, he became characterless for our Govt. and had to be pushed out of the FPSC.

An advisory note to Gen. Hameed:
no matter what you see happening inside/outside the Govt., either keep blaming it on "invisible hands" or simply maintain "I didn't see anything, I don't know anything" even if you are asked (its hard to remain quiet when you are a man of character, but whats the point of losing all character by speaking up?) , so that you don't have to count your days as the FPSC Chairman.

Quote:
He said the bureaucracy still wanted to see a civilian officer as chairman FPSC but in the present set-up it does not seem possible.
Bureaucracy is the backbone of our country, the forceful intervention of the army in an institution which should be "civilian to the core" is still not a good idea. Once again, the appointment of a retired Army Gen. as the FPSC Chairman shows the high-handedness of the ruling coalition. There are, without any doubt, senior civilian officers available from outside the army who are more suitable for this prestigous post.

Nevertheless, we Pakistanis deserve a Fate which the army deems right for us, whether its headed by the US or someone else, we shouldn't be talking about it anymore. We should do what our Govt. wants us to do, just sit and watch the show. If Pakistan by any chance makes it big time, the whole nation should give the army a tap on the shoulder and a round of applause..... however, if Pakistan, like our amazing past, hits another sharp edge and bleeds to unconciousness, our people still won't say a word till this Govt. is toppled cuz it has by far made sure that who ever speaks up against the injustices being done to its own people has either ended up dead or has been caused to lose dignity.

Gen Kiyani, welcome to the list of those who atleast tried.

Best of luck to Pakistan and Pakistanis...

Regards,

THE 1

Last edited by THE 1; Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 12:35 PM.