View Single Post
Old Monday, July 27, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 62nd

shoaibraza_pk is on a distinguished road

@ Saqib
Helo Saqib how are you. It's my pleasure that you have opted these subjects. According to my experience these are good subjects and all are scoring. Well other way round I belive that all subjects are scoring and at the same time all are not. It depends how well you prepare a subject and how much time you dedicate to a particular subject. There are a variety of subjects and people get maximum as well as minimum marks in all subject. Indeed you have to prepare for the worst but it’s your good luck if you find an easy and simple paper.
You have to wait for notes of indo-Pakistan, Journalism and sociology.
I would suggest to opt Punjabi instead of Constitutional Law. It is a bit technical and you must know how to attempt its paper. It’s difficult to get marks in it until and unless you prepare it well. I scored in C-law 55 in css-2007 and 53 in css-2008, while I got 38 in Punjabi in 2007 and 73 in 2008. But if you are a law student and you think that you can handle well C law by having proper notes and guidance than go for it. It is interesting subject. I can guide you in both subject, but you will have to study C law from some one if you are not a law student as there are some technical question in claw such as Election of American president, Legislation procedure in UK/USA, Committee system in UK/USA etc and specially the constitution of France is much confusing after preparing the Constitution of UK/USA.
Languages are usually giving more score even if the paper is tough or ur paper was not good. In 2008 I could not attempt last question very well but still I got 73. So, it is easy to score 80 in Punjabi but for C law u will have to go an extra mile.
Books for Indo Pakistan are
K –Ali’s book is good for papers point of View
Sohails Bhati’s book has some good questions such as on Babar and Humayan
Gurbaksh Singh Kapoor’s book is also good for Mughal Era
VD Mahajan Book is good
Major Tariq Awan’s books are also good
For Journalism, both books are good you may also consult Competitive Journalism by Tehami and towards journalism by Mirza Muhammad Yousaf. Better if you could get book by Maskeen Ali Hijazi. I will tell you later how to attempt Journalism paper and how to get more marks. What are the techniques to get extra marks in it?
For Sociology, there is book on CSS by Ch Iqbal, which covers whole css syllabus. It is a must book as the course is designed by Ch Iqbal. Important parts of the book on Pak Society are included in it. But philosophers are not covered well in it.
You should first develop some basic concept of sociology than u should study philosophers.
Other good books are Harton & hunt, sociology by Faridi publishers and there is a book on sociology in the market by an Indian author. You can also find that.
Constitutional Law will be discussed later.
My Contact number is xxxx-xxxxxxx. Feel free to contact. You are welcome. Plz mention your age, qualification, interests and job if any. My msn id is shoaibr14@hotmail.com
Take care Allah Hafiz

@ Dua

Walikum Salaam. You are welcome.

Well I can only advise you according to my knowledge and experience.
The final decision is always yours. Both IR and Journalism are good subjects and easy to grab their basics and concepts. As far as Arabic is concerned i guess first you have to learn Language and then you prepare it. Your basic grammar, language structure and its literary history must be well prepared first. So, If you think that you can prepare it well than you can opt Arabic. There must be a good teacher of Arabic in your access who could guide you well and mention good books and may provide its notes.

I can help you in Journalism well and guide you In IR as i prepare it for CSS interview.
Out of 200 in Arabic you can Score in the range of 120 to 150. Same may be the case of Journalism and IR in which you can score in the range of 70 each. To get 70 in IR is not impossible. Why don't you opt Punjabi and Journalism. It's easy to get 150 in both 75+75 .
Welcome for any related query

@Ghulam Hussain

First of all if you are a biggner start with Journalism for BA in english to grasp some basic concepts of Journalism and Mass communication
than start
Study Imtiaz Shahid and Mehdi Hasan books on Journalism both books are good you may also consult Competitive Journalism by Tehami and towards journalism by Mirza Muhammad Yousaf. Better if you could get book by Maskeen Ali Hijazi. I will tell you later how to attempt Journalism paper and how to get more marks. What are the techniques to get extra marks in it?

Last edited by Viceroy; Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Contact sharing via post not allowed
The Following User Says Thank You to shoaibraza_pk For This Useful Post:
dua... (Wednesday, July 29, 2009)