View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 04, 2009
39th CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 Merit 5

Asifr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem gurmani
Comments of few members have quite surprised me as they are unaware of ground realities…

@Asifr
Who gauranteed all these things before the partition of united India.........People had belief at that time that they can manage their affairs... and so is the belief of seraiki people who have confidence that they can better govern new province once they are given chance to do so......Before the creation of new province, nothing can be gauranteed.. and by the way there must not be anyone asking for gaurrantees.ok
You are a pakistani like me and others and all of us have equal rights to articulate our concerns......then what kind of gaurrantees.
If we are failed, our own social and economical position will go down.
By the grace of ALLAH almighty, seraiki people are intelligent enough to deal with new province. I know very well the kind of governance in other provinces. Nothing can go bad than the existing system....
Dear,

First, in the prelude of my previous post i stated that the creation of a new province is a constitutional, legitimate and democratic right. But it is a high time and this demand would surely open pandora's box and our country can ill afford at this juncture.

Second, our honourable Prime Minister, Foreign Minister and some other renowned ministers are from the southern Punjab. If the creation of a new province is purely based upon the agendum of development as per the aspirations of the people, why don't the aboriginals press hard upon the said stakeholders to expedite the matter of development there? The locals must seize this opportunity to get the panjandrums focus on the development of infrastructure, education, health care etc. Some development projects have been initiated at the behest of the PM.

Third, you have impulsively quoted and compared the present circumstances with that of united India. Both scenarios have different aspects and paradigms. But alarming poverty rate, inadequate infrastructural development, poor health care facilities, looming energy crisis, mammoth illiteracy rate are not merely the problems of southern Punjab but also prevalent in all suburbs of our country.

Fourth, no one has remonstrated that people from southern Punjab have lesser capabilities than the remnants. Southern tip has always been renowned for intelligent people, and the present PM and FM bear eloquent testimony to this fact. You all had greater contribution to the prosperity of our homeland, and will always have surely. We acknowledge it. Yes, there are countless loopholes and shortcomings in the present system of governance but the good thing is that we are back on the track of democracy and transformation process has commenced. Good governance can only be ensured through the actual empowerment of democratic institutions and letting the democratic norms thrive.

Fifth, these grievances of deprivation and insufficient development are real and can only be eradicated by addressing them on priority basis. Once the menace of terrorism is eradicated from our soil, judicial system is restored, parliament gets supreme, politicians start respecting their mandate, and rule of law governs our homeland then we'd be able to respite like dignified nations. In short, we all want a better Pakistan for our future generations.

Last but not the least, we need to think in a broader spectrum and realize the challenges our homeland is grappling with and confronting at the moment. It is a high time indeed, and we need to stand united against all adversities of time. All have freedom to express and articulate their thoughts here. I respect your genuine concerns over the issue. The creation of new province is a lawful right enshrined in the 1973 Constitution of Pakistan through a legal channel.

Note: I have tried to express my point of view. It is not binding on readers to agree to what i have said.

Regards,