View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 16, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010

Thanked 1,291 Times in 524 Posts
Viceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would insist “lets declare Pakistan a secular state” as envisioned by Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
You have completely missed the point that I tried to make in my earlier post. I believe that Pakistan was never meant to be a secular state. Had it been, then what was the need of slogans like "Pakistan ka matlab kiya? La Ila-ha Ill-Allah". Was this slogan used to deceive the Muslim masses so as to prepare them for the sacrifices ?

The evidence from Jinnah's statements that I have produced and termed as "hollow slogans" by you are actually the vision statements of Mr. Jinnah. It's a pity that our generation is taken to surprise when they are told that Jinnah was actually impressed by the Glorious Quran and the life of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in his struggle for Pakistan.

Your comments regarding the "Muslim code of life" are also out of scope for this particular discussion i.e. the ideological basis of the state. They are not unrealistic but they should better be discussed under the topics related to the implementation of the ideology. If a driver wrecks up a very good car, it's not the car to be blamed.

I agree with the comments of Hassan Nisar and I have also read the Cowasjee article today but both of these are related to the poor implementation and hijacking of the ideology (whatever ideology we have)

The scope of this debate is actually the ideology itself, not the implementation i.e. what really was Pakistan created for ? A theocracy, a secular state or some thing else and this is the point where we have been gifted with so many confusions. Thanks to our intelligentsia and legislators.

P.S I agree with and equally mourn with you over all the social evils that you have pointed out