View Single Post
Old Monday, August 17, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

I would repeat Jinnah's words

You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed — that has nothing to do with the business of the State... We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State... I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in due course Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.

Secular Pakistan means following:

1. Banning politics in the name of religion
2. Abolishing blasphemy laws
3. Abolishing Council of Islamic Ideology
4. Abolishing Federal Shariat Court and other parallel justice systems
5. Regularizing all religious schools and madressahs
6. Bringing in land and education reforms.
7. Emanciapation of women
8. Doing away with taboos like "honour killings"
10. Implementation of Quaid's vision

I am Muslim enough and know the basics and doesn't required to be preached what Islam stands for and what message it has. My focus is on Muslims not on Islamic teachings. What i wanted to say is that today there is a practical manifestation of Islamic teachings in the developed countries. And Muslims have failed to implement the Islamic Ideology in their own day to day lives what to talk of Islamic Republic.

@ Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy
The scope of this debate is actually the ideology itself, not the implementation
Brother the scope of the topic must be broadened in order to fully justify and understand the meaning of Pakistan.

@ Lord AvaLon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord AvaLon
The first point needs to be elaborated, maybe you wanted to mention some specific place.
A brother and his sister cannot go out together in public

@ Ziakhan

I respect your viewpoint.

But I can only request you to come up with an objective approach to the discussion

regards,
floydian