Thread: Ramzan Mubarak
View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 29, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all
Default Ramzan as usual

Ramzan Mubarak to all the forum members.

I am reproducing a thought provoking letter written to the editor of dawn dated August 27, 2009.

"For many like me things are the same this Ramazan also. Same rituals, same sights. Increased traffic jams, quarrels and street fights after accidents that could have been avoided. Lethargy all around. Lots of spitting on the streets. Pushing and screaming at 'pakora' stalls.

But then my thoughts keep going back to those wicked people who burnt Christian women and children alive in Gojra and will be fasting and praying now. For what ? A place for themselves in heaven ?

Will it be wrong to me to pray to God to be kind to those non-Muslims who died in the massacre ? I may not share their beliefs, but I will defend their right to hold those beliefs and practice them so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others.

The Taliban will also be fasting , along with sugar hoarders and other rogues, scoundrels, liars and hypocrites we come across every day. I am looking for someone who actually lives our faith. Is there such a person ?
"

CMDRE (r) Parvez Iqbal (Rawalpindi)

regards,
floydian
The Following User Says Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
Cosmic_libertine (Monday, August 31, 2009)