View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Dear Javed Zehri,

Welcome to the CSSForum. If I am not wrong are you PCS Toper – 2009 and currently serving as Assistant Accountant General, Quetta?

Currently BPSC rely on old syllabus for recruiting Officers in BCS and BSS group, while Punjab and NWFP brought many reforms in this context. Written exam is satisfactory according to my observation but interview is mere a Neelam Ghar as coined by you.

Usually they ask objective type questions e.g. Name the birds which can’t fly, First Noble Laureate of sub-continent, capitals and currencies, equator passes through which countries, news from newspapers esp. latest news, what is Koh-e-Noor, Pea Cock throne, Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty (Name of architect, length, cost etc), what is the resemblance between Quaid and Ghandi and so on . . . .

I think it’s the right procedure to gauge a person for a particular post. These questions and their answers totally depend on one’s luck. Speculation also works in this regards. They should change the procedure of interview and conduct it according to the pattern of CSS, which is more realistic and rational.

Regards,