View Single Post
Old Saturday, April 15, 2006
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: FSP

shahid seehar is on a distinguished road
Default Un-born baby

AoA Qurat,
Thanks for letting me know tht i mistook moral understanding for moral values...
Ok,as u wish, v dont go into details of moral values n restrict ourselves to ur two types of moral understanding...

As m a bit naive at philosophy,but i do use my cognitive capabilities to differentiate between what has been empirically proved n what still needs more socio-scientfc research into..

A little googling really helped me to measure the strength point of ur daringly claimed 2 types of moral understanding, which u completely n almost illogically also separate from moral values...i still wonder how come my moral understanding is different from my moral values...Anyways,v talk abt moral understanding's two types, as u believe in...

So u quoted from "Mumblings of a Platonist"...I re-quote him again n then leave upto u to wonder how come u started believing in still un-born 2 types of moral understanding when the researcher himself is still preparing to carry out his research to prove his two types...

He says all what u have already and exacly copied him in ur post abt two types.In addition he says,what u have conveniently ignored for reasons known to u, that,

"OBVIOUSLY THE TWO R CONNECTED(INTRNAL N EXTRNAL MORAL UNDRSTANDNG)BUT IT DOES SEEM THT ON SOME LEVEL THEY CAN COME APART...AT SOME POINT , THOUGH I THINK THE TWO COMPONENTS OF MORAL UNDERSTANDNG CONVERGE AND THE PERSON WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF MORAL UNDERSTANDNG IN ONE COMPNNT WILL HAVE A COMPARABLY HIGH LEVEL OF MORAL UNDERSTANDING IN THE OTHER......"

He further adds,i mean the would b researcher on the two types of moral understandng tht,

"LIKE MOST THINGS IN MY PAPER,THIS LOOKS KINDA,BUT NOT COMPLETELY,TRUE.OR PERHAPS MORE ACCURATELY,IN ONE SENSE THIS SEEMS TO MAKE SENSE,BUT IN ANOTHER SENSE IT SEEMS TO ME TO BE BORDERING ON NONSENSE"

Then the researcher invites the comments from ppl on his new topic of study i.e two types of moral understanding which u so staunchly belive in

iS'NT IT SOMETHING LIKE TELLING THE FEATURES AND HABITS OF AN UN-BORN BABY TO PPL???

Please acknowledge for confirmation at this end
Regards