View Single Post
Old Saturday, September 12, 2009
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

S.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really nice

Well there are certain things to take under consideration. First, we all know C&T is yet an infant group and it is just takin its fist flights. Credit goes to the present DG PITAD, Dr.Safder Sohail who is working dexterously for the better grooming of the Commerce and Trade officers. It is his initiative that the 35th commeners were sent for foreign training for the first time during STP.

The 35th commoners, as we know, were sent to Malaysia as it is considered the hub of great Asian institutes and is taken as rapidly progressing Asian country in economic sphere; and is presented as model for developing economies.

This year, it is in the air that C&T officers MIGHT visit three countries during STP. the others 2 being Australia and Malaysia. yet It is not evident; we wd be better informed on this after joining PITAD.

As for sending the officers to Geneva, WTO headquarteres, this time, the reasons are quite evident as we are to deal with international trade in the presence of WTO regime;I believe, it's a very good opportunity for the officers to understand their work.

When an institution is growing dynamically, we always find a development in its policies and strategies and I think Commerce and Trade group is treading the path at a good pace.
Deputy Commissioner (Thursday, September 17, 2009), frozen (Wednesday, September 16, 2009)