View Single Post
Old Friday, August 05, 2005
Administrator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 282 Posts
Argus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to behold
Default Query Answered By ASP Kamran Adil

I have few questions,hope u will help me out,
I want to ask if a paragraph is given for precis which is in( “ “)and the writer’s name is added at the end ,should we make precis by writing that “writer says” or by putting his specific name,or we should make our precis without giving the reference of the writter,I mean in generalized way.
And in exams where to write our rough draft of precis.

About essay I want to ask that if we chose the topic based on quotation,should we spell out the quotation in first paragraph(from where it is taken,what is its background etc)or should we treat it in generalized way without giving direct reference to it.?

Can we cite our personal experiences in an essay and deal it in direct speech or not?
About sentence structure of an essay I want to ask can we use many different tenses in essay(first paragraph in past,second in present and so on)or there is any restrictions about tense structure in essay.?

And minimum of how many pages an essay should be.
Lastly,is there any need to practise comprehension?
hope u will remove my confusion about aforesaid questions.
Regards
Miss Sabeena

Last edited by Argus; Friday, August 05, 2005 at 12:12 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Argus For This Useful Post:
Aeiman Siddiqi (Sunday, January 17, 2010), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Wednesday, June 23, 2010), Riaz Solangi (Saturday, July 19, 2014)