View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Yes2010 is on a distinguished road

Dear Fadee thank you for inviting me to cast my Input on your post, although I must honestly confess I was flinching from your Query given the nature and sensitivities involved.

Here it goes….

Apart from responsibility and pressure life of a CSP is as normal as you expect anyone’s to be. Please evict the feeling of a CSP being a superhuman or someone extraordinary they are just simple human beings like us, you and they. What set them apart is the responsibility, accountability and pressure they endure during daily day operations provided with the facilities, public recognition and respect they command.

Civil service is the engine of our state propelling our country through up’s and down’s in addition CSP’s tasked to steer it through every nook and corner make out the best farther utilize their potential to ingrain prosperity

I would elaborate pros and cons in a series like fashion starting from Top most wanted groups

Every service differs on account of 3 primary factors:
Posting (where you are posted)
Dynamics (what decisions you take/affect/effect of your decision)
Environment (affect of culture, norms and values on system)

PSP: (you can differ) is the toughest and most demanding group among all other groups of CSS cadre given its involvement, accountability, responsiveness and effectiveness,

Involvement: direct involvement with public / demand of public
Accountability: its decision directly affects/effects public
Responsiveness: Expectations of masses to curtail crime and put brisk actions in practice
Effectiveness: Quality of Public service and deliverance

Having so many responsibilities and expectations from public provided with inability to deliver is going to result in utter chaos thus one can imagine what one has to do to meet the challenges.

PSP sometimes proves to be a full time uniform Job moreover sometimes relaxing official work based on where you are posted and what you are tasked with? If you are an ADC to I.G of a province or to a Chief Minister you will enjoy your life to its utmost meeting VIP’s learning developing public relations which can further prove helpful to you in longer run.

If you are posted as ASP in a district your responsibility triples every morning you wake up occupied by newspapers searching perturbed for any murder or dacioty that might have taken place in your Jurisdiction, nowadays it has become more demanding owing to the upsurge in militancy.

Unlike other groups you can work late in night or sometimes in a given situation non stop for 16 to 18 hours, I have seen D.I.G sitting in a wedding rushing leaving the marriage unattended because Chief minister was on inspection.

Political pressure plays a pivotal role in decision making and determining the nature of a decision.

Nonetheless it’s a very good mean of public service especially when it comes to relief of poor persecuted women and minors.

Thus we conclude by saying it’s a very tough full time Job pushing you very hard, Yes like every other Job definitely you can ask for vacations and will be granted.

DMG: (You can differ) Again a demanding Job if you are in an Executive position like DCO, Home or Finance Secretary or Secretary S&GAD this Job requires a lot on part of management, decision making, policy, planning formulation and implementation, this Job grooms you a lot, polish you and train you to tackle the challenges in a befitting manner, compare to PSP; DMG is a little bit relaxed in terms of timing you can play Golf or Tennis in evening, attend functions and do whatever pleases you.

FSP: (You can differ) Very official Job a lot of paper work, formal always occupied with a task provided with a lot of responsibility ,an outstanding Job all about Charm and allure exposure to the world at its best. Again what you get in this service is incomparable to other groups.
Personality grooming, Influence and Charisma is what defines this group.

C&EG (Customs): (You can differ) Royal Job from an AC car to an AC Office all you have to do is Press Superintendents and Deputy Superintendents to collect revenues. You just have to sit in big office sign reports and manage the middle hierarchy thus it’s a enjoyable Job, no restrictions no pressure Job purely on your own terms.

ITG: (You can differ) same as C&EG Luxury, peaceful Job do whatever pleases you, you are a family man.

I hope my post has proved to be of some help to you.

PS: I deem it appropriate at the very outset to Jot down my post is not intended to offend anyone nor cause any dismay it’s just a chunk of my observation for obvious reasons.

Regards
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Yes2010 For This Useful Post:
Artemis (Thursday, August 26, 2010), cuckoo (Thursday, October 15, 2009), Fadee (Wednesday, October 14, 2009), fais (Monday, December 07, 2009), Faraz_1984 (Wednesday, October 14, 2009), jadoon khan (Wednesday, October 14, 2009), leibniz (Friday, April 30, 2010), MAHIKAN (Tuesday, October 13, 2009), paras Sulehri (Wednesday, April 24, 2013), Sheryar khan (Wednesday, October 14, 2009), usman munir (Thursday, December 22, 2011)