View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 17, 2009
41st CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 628

g.m.abro is on a distinguished road
Default thanks alot for reply mem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by javairia View Post
@abro,
assalam alikum,
you have plenty of time to prepare for arabic literature provided that you have interest in the subject. i dont know the reasons for changing the subjects but if you find lit interesting then i suggest go for it. i got 120+ in arabic(don't remember the exact)but there are many who hold better than mine . as far as my info, arabic pays you well, especially because examiners presume our incompetence in the subject
now coming to the books. for concept-making the book ive mentioned above is good n comprehensive. other than this you can consult "the arabs in history" by Bernard Lewis(u need to have a taste to read this)
ive heard there is a book by Nicholson which covers quite a lot of the syllabus. check it as well.
in my case, i took advantage of the arabic sites only. all i had was the Zayyat's book n lewis with a vvery limited time at my disposal.
best of luck. im sure you can do well in it
p.s: creativity and interest in any subject can lead u to success
mem,u have asked reasons of change of subjects(by me ).
well,i hav been preparing for css since mid 2006.therefore,i want to hit bull's eye(police group as my wish ).and wid subjects like m.law adn sindhi( i am weak in sindhi),i cannot get elevation!!!
secondly,mem i am deeply interested in opting arabic but irony is that i dont hav guiding person for arabic!!!
on this forum ur suggest hold a respected place for me but the reply from u is some what late...and this is hitting me badly....
so,i request u to let me approach u via m.s.n plz....my m.s.n i.d is
*******@hotmail.com.
PLZ ADD ME SO THAT I GET MY QUERISE SOLVED WITH UR HELP...
MAY ALLAH BLESS U...
SALAMS

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Monday, September 26, 2011 at 12:34 PM.