View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shahid Ali is on a distinguished road

@nazlili21. thanks for your post and also sorry that i missed your post earlier....

It sounds that you agree with my proposals. But till now i dont have the answer of one question ... In Pakistan who will do that?????

Friends, i would also love to have some comments opposing this theory.... One of Indian friends on siasat.pk discussed this with me... im sharing this with you.......

Regards

-------
Indian Friend said:
At present, Pakistan is busy with fixing its Democracy and by the time they fix it, there may be another General who will take over and these very same Politian’s will approve of him and join him.

This two and fore with Democracy can never give you way forward for progress. The Government can’t work for the people and at the end of it, it’s the poor people who get the side effects of non functional Government which leads to anarchy and chaos.

Good or bad, Democracy is the only way forward for the overall development of a Country and its people. Democracy gives people the right to self progress.

When institutions are strong, Country is strong, when Country is strong; people are healthy, which leads to progression in every aspect of lift.

-------

Shahid Ali said:
Jimpack said “Good or bad, Democracy is the only way forward for the overall development of a Country and its people. Democracy gives people the right to self progress.

When institutions are strong, Country is strong, when Country is strong; people are healthy, which leads to progression in every aspect of lift.”

These lines sound very good to the ears and also have value too. But looking at the practical implementation of democracy in our countries, a different picture is seen.

Let us have a look at the democratic leaders of Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Srilanka.

PAKISTAN

Bhutto Family
-----------------
Sir Shah Nawaz Bhutto
Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (Son of SNB)
Nusrat Bhutto (Wife of ZAB)
Benazir Bhutto (Daughter of ZAB)
Asif Ali Zardari (Husband of BB).
Bilawal Bhutto Zardari (Son of AAZ & BB)

Sharif Family
----------------
Nawaz Sharif
Shahbaz Sharif (brother of NS)
Kulsoom Nawaz (Wife of NS)
Hassan Nawaz (Son of NS)
Hamza Shahbaz (Son of SS)
Capt. Safdar (Son in law of NS)

Chaudhry Family
---------------------
Ch. Zahoor Elahi
Ch. Shujaat Hussain (Son of ZE)
Ch. Pervez Elahi (Cousin of SH)
Ch. Wajahat Hussain (Brother of SH)
Ch. Monis Elahi (Son of PE)

INDIA

Gandhi Nehru family
--------------------------
Jawahar Lal Nehru
Kamala Nehru (Wife of JLN)
Indira Gandhi (Daughter of JLN)
Rajiv Gandhi (Son of IG)
Sonia Gandhi (Wife of Rajiv G)
Rahul Gandhi (Son of Rajiv & SG)

BANGLADESH

Mujibur Rehman Family
------------------------------
Shaikh Mujibur Rehman
Shaikh Hasina Wajid (Daughter of SMR)
Sajeeb Wajid (Son of SHW)

Ziaur Rehman Family
---------------------------
Ziaur Rehman
Khaleda Zia (Wife of ZR)
Tariq Rehman (Son of ZR & KZ)

SRILANKA

Bandaranaike-Kumaratunga Family
--------------------------------------------
Solomon Bandaranaike
Sirimavo Bandaranaike (Wife of SB)
Chandrika Kumaratunga (Daughter of SB)

Rajapaksa Family
----------------------
Don Alwin Rajapaksa
Mahinda Rajapaksa (Son of DAR)
Chamal Rajapaksa (Son of DAR)
Basil Rajapaksa (Son of DAR)

Senanayake Family
------------------------
Don Stephen Senanayake
Dudley Senanayake (Son of Don SS)
Rukman Senanayake (Son of DS)

We see that rulers come only from few wealthy and powerful elite families.

Only family members are entitled to lead political parties. If any other politician of party who they feel is coming closer to their status and gaining popularity he/she is thrown out of the party by various methods.

Leaders are declared life-time chairmen / presidents of their so-called ‘political parties’ and if party elections are mandatory by county’s law, a drama is arranged to elect the same leader.

One thinks, how all the leadership qualities come only into their families and only they are the saviors? What about other millions of people or even other politicians.

--------

Indian Friend said:
Apart from Nehru-Gandhi family in India, there are other democratic parties also that have ruled the Country and have done good job. In India now it is not very significant matter to be a Nehru or Gandhi to win election. People here judge the politician from the work they do and what is that they have done to make their particular constituency progressive.

If you have noted, in spite of Rahul Gandhi campaigning in Uttar Pardesh for so many days, Congress did not win majority of seats. They came fourth in the seats won from there.

There is lot of water that has gone under the bridge and now days it is not easy to win election just because your from some family. Family names does help but it just for a while and after that you have to show the performance.

Rahul Gandhi is doing lot of groundwork and goes all over the Country to know the things from grass root level. He is also getting ready to lead the Congress in the next General election and is front-runner to be next Prime Minister of India.

In India there are lots of new generations leaders that have come and people have voted for them.

-------

Shahid Ali said:
Dear Jimpack thanks for your valuable comments.

Indian National Congress of Gandhi Nehru family ruled India for more than 80% period since 1947 and still ruling.

With due respect I would say that you have endorsed my opinion by saying:

“Rahul Gandhi is doing lot of groundwork and goes all over the Country to know the things from grass root level. He is also getting ready to lead the Congress in the next General election and is front-runner to be next Prime Minister of India”.

These ruling families groom their kids to become future rulers. Party officials teach them all ins and outs of country’s politics. With these royal kids a team of loyal workers is attached for guidance. These kids are accompanied on various important visits abroad to learn and network with international friends……………..

In short they are taught like a prince of any monarch keeping in mind that they will be the future rulers of country.

In May 2004 Rahul Gandhi got Congress party ticket to contest elections. You definitely know India better than me. Please guide as I don’t find any other reason or qualification of Rahul Gandhi other than being the son of Rajiv and Sonia Gandhi to get party ticket. I am sure there must be hundreds of deserving workers for party ticket waiting for decades.

Sonia Gandhi became the president of Party after just 62 days of joining the party.

I was googling and found a related article. This will be of interest to Indian friends as well as Pakistani readers. Here is the link.

http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=150279

Lastly I will say that same situation persist in Pakistan. So don’t worry we are with you.

Hopefully in near future Prime Minister Rahul Gandhi and Prime Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari would be discussing bilateral issues between India and Pakistan. People of both counties would be standing in a queue to get a bucket of drinking water or ………………………………………………………. (ending here, post in getting too long. May God prove me wrong - Ameen)

Best Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shahid Ali For This Useful Post:
Abdullah Nayyar (Friday, October 30, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Friday, December 18, 2009)