View Single Post
Old Friday, October 30, 2009

inayatrustamani is on a distinguished road
Default Guidance in IR is required.

Dear Rao Arif,ASP Police,
Aslam O Alekum,
As I appeared in CSS 2009,and failed in GK and International Relations. Failure in GK is understanable but in IR is out of my thinking.My roll number was 1059. I secured just 24 in IR.

Dear Sir,The questions that I attempted and how I attempted are comprehensively put here. Please go through them in detail, point out the errors, guide me where necessary, and suggest me that what I should do now.

INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, CSS 2009.
Q.3. Discuss the importance of International Relations as a field of Study?

Answer: I.R is the study of relations between the sovereign states of the world. Before World War I and II there was little importance of IR for the most of states were under the subjugation of powerful countries like the UK, Germany, Rusia,etc. But the significance of IR greatly increased after World War II, when the world changed to bipolar from the multipolar, and this way the number of sovereign states swelled greatly.

When more sovereign states created, the foreign plocicy, diplomacy and national interest like matters sprung among these states and IR played a pivotal role in providing a comprehensive detail and study of these terms.

IR has its matter, methodology and theories thus it is a very important field of study. This has stared playing a vital role in world politics also. This is because of the study of IR that whatever changes occur in the world politics, IR experts and analysts are invited to analyse the situation and provide its effects and solution.

There is no denying of the fact that IR has great value owing to have its characteristic of its being as a field of study.

Q.6.What factors were responsible for Creation of the Warsaw and Nato Pacts.Can Nato’s continuing existence be justified.

Answer: After World War II,the world super power order changed. Before this war the world was a multipolar was many superpowers, but with the end of World War II,the world became bipolar, only two super powers existed and these were USSR and the USA. The power struggle increased between both. Both countries started taking each other as her enemy.

The power struggle and fear were the causes that resulted in the creation of Warsaw Pact and Nato Pact. Warsaw pact was established by the USSR in response to the creation of NATO by the US. Warsaw Pact was established in 1955, as a reaction to NATO that was established in 1949. Establishment of NATO was to counterbalance the power of USSR that had blocked the passage of the US supply of water and food to an occupied part of the US.

NATO was established to counterweight the power of USSR, but USSR disintegrated in 1991. There has now remained no USSR and Warsaw Pact, thus the existence of NATO is out of understanding and appears to be as a threat to the sovereign states. NATO has been acting as a puppet in the hands of the US and there are fears that it may be directed to any country and violate the sovereign status of the sovereign conunties. NATO is viewd as a threat by the analysts to the sovereigny of week states of Asia.

For the sake of balance of power in Asia and harmonius relations between powerful and weak countries, NATO must dismantle its functions and the US should terminate its unjustified existence.

Question: 7.Critically Evaluate American Foreign Policy towards Pakistan.

Answer. America has always played a fair weather friend role with Pakistan. Pakistan has always showed sincerity with the US. Now the relations of both countries are some how friendly but are not so good.

The history represents that the US foreign policy was never in favour of Pakistan. Her forign policy every time changed all of sudden ant took a u-turn. In 1965 and 1971 wars of Pakistan with India,the US had distanced herself away from Pakistan. When the USSR left Afghanistan,the interests of the US ended with Pakistan, thus the US departed Pakistan. When India did its nuclear missile test there were no sanctions on it, but when Pakistan did so in 1998,there were economic sanctions on Pakistan.

The US Foreign Policy with Pakistan has always been attached on the basis of the US interests in South Asia. The US never benefited Pakistan, despite the fact the Pakistan always proved herself a true ally of the US. Despite all these grievances of Pakistan, there has been good relations between both countries time by time, although for short term.

Questiion:8. What is Nuclear Proliferation? How for the United States of America is justified in making a nuclear deal with India.

Answer: Nuclear Proliferation means increase and transfer of the nuclear technology. There is a ban at international level in Nuclear Proliferation.

The relations between Pakistan and India have remained strained since the independence of both. There has been fought three Indo-Pak wars so far. The relations between India and Pakistan are still tense. The US nuclear deal would certainly cause imbalance of power between Pakistan and India. And this deal will also have a great impact on already vulnerable security apparatus of South Asia.

There is also ban on transfer of any nuclear technology and this deal also falls within the ambit of violation of United Nations rules that do not allow any kind of nuclear proliferation. And India and Pakistan are already nuclear powers and increase in power of any country may lead atomic war between both. This nuclear war would not be confined to South Asia only, but it will engulf the entire world.

Keeping in view the International rules of the world and tense and vulnerable relations of India and Pakistan, it is clear that such a unilateral nuclear deal is unjustified. The US needs to review its policy and act sensibly. If such a deal is strictly needed, then this sort of deal must me made with Pakistan for the balance and stability of Asia.