View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 08, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 63Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

leopard has a spectacular aura aboutleopard has a spectacular aura aboutleopard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunko View Post
Woaw, Guy !! 10/10 . Much better

Leopard, Kindly give some hints, How to write good precise. because your precise is accurate and brief passage of the original paragraph.

Aslam o Aaikum,

Thank you brother Bunko for appreciating my efforts. Coming to your question that how to write a good precise, I would only say that first of all comprehend the theme of that passage and then simply re-write it in your own words; avoid using adjectives or extra words when you can do it without them; Use expressive verbs and write short but comprehensive sentences.... I don't know whether or not my advice will help you but I can only demonstrate my skill through practice like I 've done above....

Nice Effort from your side and other members.... Keep it up and keep practising.... More & more.....

@ CSP

Brother You write well but there is much room for improvement as well.
Using High profile vocabulary is not at all an issue in precis, in fact the examiner appreciates easy-to-comprehend words provided if they completely express the gist of original paragraph.
Coming to your precis, I think I would be better if you write it in past tense.

Quote:
He visualizes the apathy of man’s labor for the so called saving of labor and time.

first of all the words outlined in red colour do not serve the purpose in the above sentence. The word "So Called" was totally unnecessay and superfluous (avoid digression in precis); "Labor and time" can be written as "Cost effective" or "Economical"; the word "for" completely changes the meaning of this sentence - isn't it???

Code:
In his opinion, machine is helping the wealthy class just in hoarding wealth; but depriving the poor.
I think you are confused in using punctuation marks; semi colon ( ; ) is normally not followed by connectors like 'But' or 'and" ....

Last but not the least, You have overemphasized on word "Machine". The passage is written about "mechanization" as a process and not merely on "Machinery" as a noun.

That was my point of view according to the limited knowledge that I 've....

Anyways, Keep working hard.... Practice is the key

Wish you all good luck....

Regards
Csp (Wednesday, November 11, 2009), mudasr (Friday, October 04, 2013)