Thread: Maniac Media
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 23, 2009
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

@Ayesha Ali
I totally agree with your views and I think you pretty much said it all I wanted to say.

Media has been selective sometimes especially GEO when it comes to MQM but in current Zardari-bashing all it is doing is reporting facts and those facts don't happen to be pleasing for PPP. But koilo ke kaam mein haath to kaale honge na

I think protecting the 'democratic process' is just like previous expedient doctrines like Doctrine of Necessity. Current scenario for the first time provides PPP an opportunity to prove themselves innocent of all the mis-governance and excessive corruption charges reported by our media through independent courts. Media has the right to criticize and bring to people's attention incidents of nepotism and corruption especially when our opposition happens to be a friendly one. Our democracy won't be strengthened unless we follow the rules leading to expulsion of such self-centered feudals from political ranks. What are we going to do with a democracy on paper when people's will is not represented. Why do you think after all the military's negative political role, they still have many supporters and some people still consider Musharraf their hero compared to Zardari who finds support only on ehtnic basis.

Our other 12 or 13 presidents might have been corrupt too but the majority didn't know that when they took oath to the office but President Zardari is an exception to that. He comes with a lot of baggage and now calling him mr.ten percent is considered an understatement since he has moved beyond that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdullah Nayyar For This Useful Post:
Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)