Thread: Maniac Media
View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 24, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayesha Ali View Post
The problem with our country is this that we tend to be extremely ethnocentric. It is mostly felt that we favor the person in the corridor of power who shares the same racial stock with us.
A Punjabi, for that matter, supports Nawaz Sharif how horrible his decision may be. The same is the case with a Urdu-speaking supporting Altaf Hussain, a Sindhi supporting Zardari sab and Balochs supporting their ruthless Sardars and Nawabs.
Media is evolving in Pakistan. It has not been independent since DONKEY’S YEARS.
Should we have black leash on media as the Musharraf regime did?
Who are we to decide that the media is partial or impartial? Geo is the most watched news channel in Pakistan. The same channel presented programs like George Ka Pakistan to present a soft image of Pakistan abroad. The same TV channel started Alim Online giving us an opportunity to rid of the shackles of Taliban’s interpretation of Islam.
The discussions and talk shows on various issues put the government of the day on the right track. Forgot the movement for restoration of judiciary and resignation of a dictator?
Forgot the governor rule in Punjab?
What actually is wrong is the way we perceive things. Things are looked at with a prejudiced mind. For example if we have an opinion that Mr. X is a good person and Mr. Y is a bad one. If media supports Mr. X then it is doing an admirable thing and if it is saying things against Mr. X then it is a demon. Anything said against Y is more than welcome. So this is called partiality han.me poor didn’t know that
Grow up guys. Pakistan needs Pakistanis.
First and foremost for your kind of information as you mentioned in your post that Geo has presented a soft image of pakistan in the whole world by airing george ka pakistan was unproductive.
let me draw other points which Geo (the most watched channel) has phenomenally pursued me to create such type of points.

1,what is happening in islamabad as u know diplomats of uncle sam are arriving there Instead of drawing attension of pakistani audience to be united for the national interest,the Geo is airing programms mostly on NRO.

2,What is happening in the kashmir,have u ever seen on indian channels that their army is doing injustice with muslims.while,Geo showed off ajmal kasab's home located somewhere in punjab through its investigation.did it present a soft image of pakistan in the whole world?

3,What is happening in balouchistan,everyone knows that india is playing its crucial role to destable pakistan by boosting BLA.unfortunately,the media is presenting particularly Geo that the Army of pakistan has been involved in the balouchistan from head to shoulder.while,they should air programs to ask Raw why it wants to disintegrate pakistan.

4,According to you,Geo is airing programs of islamic education like "AALIM ONLINE" do u know how much would u be charged if u make a call to talk with the anchor for a while?

5,you are talking about lawyers movement,have u listened the term Grey propaganda?
It was a Grey propaganda done by media.
in an article it was revealed that the nawaz sharif for gaining political means used Grey propaganda in the lawyers movement.

6,as far perceiving things x and y whatever is concerned,people cannot preceive a thing appropriately unless he who knows the reality.
simply i cannot claim that Mr x is bad unless i know his/her background,it is the fact which creates opinions.

Last but not the least,i am not anti Geo,the above points have been made on the basis of reality.

Regards,
WAQAR ABRO
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Ali (Thursday, December 24, 2009), jadoon khan (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009), sameen (Thursday, December 24, 2009)