View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 14, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

New Student has a spectacular aura aboutNew Student has a spectacular aura about

@Amna Younas

Although you have very short time to prepare for current affairs. But one of the basic difficulty faced by candidates is that they dont know the background of the problem and just read the articles from newspapers with little knowldge that how this problem has evolved historically. So my suggestion would be to consult a small book "Mastering World History". I dont know the author's name however i think it would be available in market. This book discusses the world events since start of 20th century. So you would have atleast a general overview of whats going on across globe with proper background.

Another suggestion would be to get help from google and wikipedia on the following topics:

1. UN IMF WTO and World Bank
2. Cold War
3. NATO
4. Warsaw Pact
5. Missiles Treaties
6. China Role
7. Constitutional Development in Pakistan
8. Palestine Problem
9. Middle East
10.World War I and II
11.Nuclear Proliferation
12.SCO
13.Fall of Communism
14.Pak India Relations

My third advice is that you should go through these issues and dont try to remember each and everything, just get an idea as you have little time left.

Fourth advice be to concentrate more on burning issues.

One thing more, reading above material would also help you in Essay.
Regards
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to New Student For This Useful Post:
kashifilyas (Sunday, January 17, 2010), nageen (Thursday, January 14, 2010), Sabah Hunzai (Thursday, January 14, 2010), Shahid Shakoor (Sunday, October 10, 2010), Umme (Monday, January 25, 2010)