View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 19, 2010
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
what her real status is in islam was never given to her except in life of prophet Mohammad (SAW) r during the reigns f first four Khalifas.while some ppl restict options f business n professions for her to nursing,doctors teachers they forget mentioning other outgoing jobs such as market supervisers(during the time f hazrat Umer R.A).
but its not abt her economical status alone. its abt every aspect of life.
i would love to know the opinion of other respected mebers.

women status in islam is an issue most misunderstood n misinterprated.isnt true they are themselves responsible for this high handedness?

Thnx Regards Noor
In my opinion, Islam has given women something which no other religion gave her. And that something is her "individual identity". It implies that a woman has individual and independent rights like social, political, economical, religious, marriage and cultural rights. She is entitled to all these self-governing rights in Islam.

But every right has a corresponding duty which ensures the harmony in society and happiness of all. Hence, her rights are for herself and her duties (not religious duties) are what she owe to others.

As far as suppression of woman's rights is concerned, I believe she is equally responsible. This is because women never really tried to find their real place in Islam. They left this job on men to interpret for them. But what can I say about woman's treatment in my country ? A country where people raise loud religious slogans without knowing the essence of religion which is tolerance and patience.

shred my opinion,
floydian
The Following User Says Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
suleman shabbir (Wednesday, January 27, 2010)